Most Anticipated Nights

Ruthie456

Hi Guys,

I'm very excited about returning to Ibiza after popping my cherry last year. I went to a lot of the "big" nights: Judgement Sunday, Tiesto, Carl Cox at Space, Cream, Manumission and had an amazing time at all of them. This year I want to mix it up a little bit and have been avidly looking at the clubbing planner for the dates i'm there. So far nights that have caught my eye are Swedish House Mafia (seen them twice and loved it both times), Armada (never seen Armin Van Buuren and heard good things) and Pure Pacha. Apart from that i'm not so sure, i'm normally into electro type stuff and recent nights in the UK that i've really enjoyed have been deadmau5 (amazing!), 2manydjs and Eddie Halliwell.

Would love any recommendations/ to hear what nights you are most looking forward to!

in the main i'm just looking forward to actually being there after missing last season

only there for 3 nights this year but most looking forward to
Cocoon at Amnesia

Sven Vath
Mathais Kaiden
Loco Dice
Martin Buttrich live
Livio & Roby

superb!

I'm most looking forward to Monza as i've never been, don't know who's playing when i'm there but i'm sure the lineup will be good!

Cocoon, with Sven Vath, Dubfire, Loco Dice and Marco Carola - It'll be mega rammed though! :x

Also Superfreq @ Boho - I think that will be a good night!

The night im looking most forward to will be m-nus @ cocoon

Richie Hawtin
Magda
Gaiser(live)
Barem
Clickbox(live)

Lots of love for cocoon there! I've heard it's supposed to be great but i'm not the biggest fan of that techno minimal style and think that combined with the busyness of it would mean I wouldn't fully appreciate it.

I've had a look at the BoHo listings and it sounds promising, I look forward to hearing reports from when it fully up and running.

Lots of love for cocoon there! I've heard it's supposed to be great but i'm not the biggest fan of that techno minimal style and think that combined with the busyness of it would mean I wouldn't fully appreciate it.

No minimal these days - all those DJs that used to play that style claim to play House these days :)

Ordinarily, I'd be most excited by Cream Amnesia. But because the line up for the week I'm there isn't quite as amazing as it normally is, it's all about Tiesto at Privilege, for me.

Like a lot of trance fans, I've had my doubts about Tiesto in the past and I could still name 10-15 other trance DJs I'd rather see headlining. And, also my last visit to Privilege, music and atmosphere-wise, was a bit underwhelming (even if the club itself is overwhelming however it's dressed)...

But, I've heard so much about the scale of Tiesto's production at Privilege last year, and we all know he can pull one hell of a crowd. So, I think this could be my chance to see Privilege really pushed to its max - full and completely rocking.

And after sampling the live broadcasts from the Space Opening Party I am so psyched for a night at Space. Will be either We Love or Coxy. I've not been before, but I've just got a sneaking feeling I'm gonna love it.

And, Atomik at Boho could be a dark horse. Really like the look of the club, I'm still really into my hard house and, if we do go, it'll probably end up being one of those last minute, "do we fancy it or not" decisions - and those sorts of nights are often the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
What night did you go to Privilege?

I think that Atomik night could be a weird one - the music & the decor of that place just don't seem to go together, don't you think? :)

We didn't know at the time but I've since worked out that it was a night called Belearic People. (This was 2005, btw.) For some reason we had our hearts set on going to the Water Party at Es Paradis but we were approached by some girls on the beach selling tickets for this night at Privilege. We were roped in by what turned out to be a "too good to be true" pre-party deal really. Lesson learnt.

The music in the main room sounded pretty odd to us. Quite jazzy with lots of live instruments and vocalists. Tbh, I'd probably have more chance of getting it now; my tastes were A LOT narrower then than they are now. But the place felt pretty empty.

Other than the actual club itself which I absolutely loved and am glad we saw, it was a disappointing night all round really. We were too young and naive. We didn't take enough time to explore. As I say, lesson learnt. Tiesto will be a lot different, methinks.

I think that Atomik night could be a weird one - the music & the decor of that place just don't seem to go together, don't you think? :)

I know exactly what you mean but I think that could be part of the charm of it. And, having said that, Tidy at Es Paradis didn't feel too out of place and Es Paradis is hardly your back street hard house dive.

With Atomik in general I really don't know quite what to expect. They're pushing themselves forward as this sort of "event alternative" to Tidy and I've heard mixed reports about their Weekenders etc. It does scream "dark horse", to me. And every itinerary needs on of those.

Tbh, because Boho is so new, the club itself is a bit of a mystery. Will the nights be marketed well? Will people choose it over the other super clubs? Will it be an alternative to the San An super clubs or an extension of? Will the West End "lager boy" crowd pick up on it at all? I think any night you go there a lot of the anticipation will be through not knowing quite what you're walking into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most looking forward to returning to Cocoon, whichever night I end up there out of the following:

3/8
Sven Väth
Frank Lorber
Richie Hawtin
Josh Wink

or

10/8
Sven Väth
Dubfire
Loco Dice
Marco Carola

I'd be up for both, but the Monday we're not at Cocoon we'll probably be at Pacha for SHM. The problem with both of these is the potential overcrowding. It took a bit of patience last year at Cocoon before I could enjoy myself, but it was definitely worth the initial extra effort.

Also can't wait to visit Gala Night for the first time, not bothered about which day really. Should I be?

Going by the artists page on the Monza site that could be rather tasty as well. Sasha is playing Amnesia terrace on one of the Thursdays I'm there though. And Guy Gerber at Space. And Superfreq at Boho. And Ms Dynamite at Eden :lol:

Meganite last year was great musically but lacking atmosphere-wise due to numbers really (overcrowding at Cocoon, undercrowding here :spank:). I'm hoping the 6th anniversary night will different though. It's opening earlier and is a "BBQ Deluxe" apparently. Techno & burnt meat, how can it fail?

As for Space, I'll definitely be there on at least one Sunday or Tuesday. I'm a bit disappointed in Cox's guests while I'm there (considering I saw Digweed in '07 and Garnier last year) but it's still one of the best parties I've been to.

Also, the Space 20th birthday party is on my last full night. Any idea when we get a lineup for this?

Ohh Underground as well. I don't know what the best night to go there is but I want to try it.

Carl Cox

Why don't you give Carl Cox a try - especially if you enjoy electro, techno music! He is another world class DJ that you haven't mentioned and I know its a very popular event @ Space - I think its on either a Monday or Tuesday? On a separate note, I am so disappointed to see how much the clubs have put up their entrance fees by! Space on a Sunday was 40euros last year, this year it has gone up to 50euros - Have they not heard of a little situation called 'the recession'! Whilst this is unfair, of course, Im still going to go ;) it just frustrates me that there is no sympathy! x

Ah, isn't that just typical. :lol: All that talk of Atomik at Boho and I've just seen the line up for the week we're there and it ain't very good. Headliner is Showtek and I f*cking hate hardstyle. Oh, well. Shame too, because the line up for the first two parties is excellent.

I'm still interested to check out Boho though.

We didn't know at the time but I've since worked out that it was a night called Belearic People. (This was 2005, btw.)

:lol: I can remember being handed a flyer for that night - i'm sure it was a Saturday - think I went to Radio 1 @ Space instead!

I know exactly what you mean but I think that could be part of the charm of it. And, having said that, Tidy at Es Paradis didn't feel too out of place and Es Paradis is hardly your back street hard house dive.

True.

What alot of nonsense, Im sure there will be plenty of minimal @ the m-nus night

I was joking :rolleyes::lol:

Most looking forward to Armarda/Release Yourself.

Last Year went to both of these nights, and was suprised how much i enjoyed release yourself.
Armin in the main room and Roger Sanchez in the Terrace, i'm sure it's going to be very good.
Also if you get fed up of one room you got another famous DJ in the other, how good is that!

I see you enjoyed deadmau5 when you saw him, I believe he is at Wonderland again this year.

Eddie Halliwell is at Cream and some nights at Judgement Sundays.

2manydjs are dj'ing at Eden on a tuesday, but i would still prefer Armarda/Release Yourself at Amnesia.

I'm anticipating a trip to Gala Night, as i've not been there since 1996.

Also potentially heading to Cocoon for the first time, which i'm looking forward to.

Back