Morillo interview....

Drew

Check this interview for Erik's Subliminal 5: -

http://www.ukclubbing.com/clubbingfull.aspx?id=2119

He's really on a classics tip lately :x

Don't get me wrong we all love the classics but there's so much good stuff out this year it would be nice for him to implement some of it :!:

- French Kiss is just being lazy.

- Relight My fire just has to be a ****ing joke.

Don't think I'll be seeing him at Bed this week.

Erik :!: WTF is happening :!:

Yeah, far too many classics and what i'd call last years songs not even classics last time i heard him :confused:

DrewUK said:
Relight My fire just has to be a ****ing joke.

I've got the album now and as I was listening to it I heard Take That!!!!! :eek: At the time I didn't realise they covered it. But Erick says that even though it's one of his favourite tracks ever it doesn't have any cred in the UK as Take That made it a hit years ago. :lol: He shouldn't of included it no way if he wants more people to buy the album :rolleyes:

Other than that it's a corking compilation, better than Space's I'd say. ;)

Just had to jump in here. :) Hello by the way. 8)

You see 'Relight my fire' w Dan Hartman, used to be the tune at the Ministry of sound in the early days(93) People would jump up on the bar and the whole room would go absolutely mental! I LOVE that tune, and will gladly purcase the whole album for the sake of it.

I think the reason Eric has done what he did was so the compilation wont end up sounding like all the others, the dance scene is going down, there is not enough tunes around to make many decent compilations IMO.

So enjoy the classics kids. Just because you werent there at the time it was MASSIVE, dont diss it.

:lol:

ascendia said:
So enjoy the classics kids. Just because you werent there at the time it was MASSIVE, dont diss it.

Less of the kids, I've got plenty of classics. :lol:

Cool, well when the scene isnt thriving, there is a tendency more and more to look to the past for inspiration. Its very obvious.

I agree, many classics have been played to death, hence giving out an album like Eric does now, says more about the the state of the scene and his creativity than anything else IMO.

Its happening, the house-scene is not happening anymore. Its old news, and its time for the 'revolution that wont be televised'. ;) hehe.

Have you heard the album? I was surprised to hear him playing an Oliver Lieb tune, but he did and pulled it off perfectly. 8)

No I havent mister.

I used to think Eric Morillo wasnt quite my cuppa, but then very recently I listened to the Ministry of Sound vol. 9 again, for the fist time in ages, and realised he aint bad. I just didnt seem to enjoy the Subliminal 3 so much, from last year, but then again I havent listened to that again recently. However, I dont know if I can put my finger on it, its just something about his style that dont do it for me, maybe I find him less than genuine, in the case of, as a DJ, not so set in his ways. I mean, on that Ministry album he plays a lot of UK garage tracks, cos that was what was happening in the clubs at the time, then on the Subliminal 3 he is quite techy, and the time I spent in We love Opening last year, he seemed to also play classics. Its a winning formula, as long as the tracks are not overplayed. I might even buy it, for the Dan Hartman TUUUUNE of course. No, I have no doubt its a good album, I would probably enjoy it more than Subliminal 3. But as I said, there is something stirring, and its growing more obvious with time. Its all good tho, in the end.... Anyway, how can someone who made 'I like to move it', be credible..... :eek: whooops, I m glad Barbie is away. ;)

ascendia said:
I m glad Barbie is away. ;)

Aha, you've heard of our glorious blonde bint then? She'd be giving you a gobfull if she heard you talking about Erick that way. :p

ascendia said:
Just had to jump in here. :) Hello by the way. 8)

You see 'Relight my fire' w Dan Hartman, used to be the tune at the Ministry of sound in the early days(93) People would jump up on the bar and the whole room would go absolutely mental! I LOVE that tune, and will gladly purcase the whole album for the sake of it.

I think the reason Eric has done what he did was so the compilation wont end up sounding like all the others, the dance scene is going down, there is not enough tunes around to make many decent compilations IMO.

one of my fav tunes ever

Robo said:
gecko2 said:
Aha, you've heard of our glorious blonde bint then?

who hasn't

he he, i have frequented here once or twice and seen her declare her love for the morillo. shes a top bird tho, as you blokes wud say. adds a lot of character and s p i c e to the forums.
(hopefully that will let me off a little bit on the eric comments) :p

Used to love Morillo about 4 years ago when Subliminal banged out loads of funky edged house music with some good vocals as well, now its just lost the plot for me, far too hard and banging and not enough soul.

I can do deep but all the shite he's playing at the moment is rubbish.

On the classics subject, the problem is, he doesn't play those earlier classics in his set, he plays last years big tunes, which for me just don't go down well because everyone is a bit sick of them, maybe in a few years when you've forgotten is a batter time to play them out.

Elrobbie said:
Used to love Morillo about 4 years ago when Subliminal banged out loads of funky edged house music with some good vocals as well, now its just lost the plot for me, far too hard and banging and not enough soul.

I can do deep but all the shite he's playing at the moment is rubbish.

On the classics subject, the problem is, he doesn't play those earlier classics in his set, he plays last years big tunes, which for me just don't go down well because everyone is a bit sick of them, maybe in a few years when you've forgotten is a batter time to play them out.

Spot on! 8)

Yeah, Subliminal used to be my favorite label for when they were putting out the funky house. But then something happened to their sound and they began to realease dark, techy tracks that are devoid of soul so I stopped buying Subliminal records. However, judging from a few recent releases they may be back on the funky track but I would not bet on it. Furthermore, I have yet to hear Subliminal Sessions 5. The times that I have heard Morillo spin he normally sticks with big tracks, but his flashy mixing style makes up for what one could say is a lack in imagination in his track selection.

Chase said:
but his flashy mixing style makes up for what one could say is a lack in imagination in his track selection.

The tracks on the SS5 mix are spot on, quite hard though, but I like it.

How can anyone put a top tune light Dan Hartman- Relight my fire down
Take That covered it but who cares.
I didn't catch Morillo this time due to problems but if a dj plays too many classics its not a good thing.

Back