Money

Well, I have traveled pretty extensively...and I do know that pretty much every currency exchange (whatever country you are in) will take a credit card (hence the AMEX) and give you cash in hand...that was really all I meant by that.

Anyway...thanks again.

utagaura said:
i'm 29... and I plan on going out every night... and i'm coming from Canada.. plenty of peeps WAAAY older than you going hard! 8) :)

oh yeah and the once in a lifetime thing? i went in 2004 to 'get it out of my system', now am going back for my third time!

I wouldn't exactly say 29 is WAAAY older than me, but I get your point. I was just wondering what was 'normal' as far as how often people went clubbing there...not just to bars etc. Obviously I'm not going for a mellow vacation or I would be going somewhere else. :D

I'm not going to say you are wrong cuz you've obviously been there, but I paid for the hotel with an AMEX, so there must be some that take it. Most hotels usually will do currency exchange as well...

I'm sure I'll be fine. $2k for one week is quite a bit of money! :D

NYC06 said:
I'm not going to say you are wrong cuz you've obviously been there, but I paid for the hotel with an AMEX, so there must be some that take it. Most hotels usually will do currency exchange as well...

I'm sure I'll be fine. $2k for one week is quite a bit of money! :D

I thought you were talking about buying things in general.. you are right, you'll have a blast with $2000 :)

NYC06 said:
I wouldn't exactly say 29 is WAAAY older than me, but I get your point. I was just wondering what was 'normal' as far as how often people went clubbing there...not just to bars etc. Obviously I'm not going for a mellow vacation or I would be going somewhere else. :D

I remember dancing in manumission next to a guy that must have been in his 60's :). You'll probably find there is no 'norm' when it comes to clubbing in ibiza, and that's probably down to there being so much choice. If your there during Radio1, then id go for those events...there's a list somewhere here.

Personally, Im taking £900 ( 1312 euros ) cash, plus bank card..for 11 nights. Food is cheap, its the drink that'll put a dent in the wallett

Hywel said:
I remember dancing in manumission next to a guy that must have been in his 60's :). You'll probably find there is no 'norm' when it comes to clubbing in ibiza, and that's probably down to there being so much choice. If your there during Radio1, then id go for those events...there's a list somewhere here.

Personally, Im taking £900 ( 1312 euros ) cash, plus bank card..for 11 nights. Food is cheap, its the drink that'll put a dent in the wallett

One week...I think I leave the day Radio 1 week starts...which is okay, I'll probably be exhausted by then, and I'm sure it will be crazy enough without Radio 1 there.

Okay, so I'm feeling pretty good about my $2k now. Was sorta up and down about how much to allot myself...but that seems sufficient...and if necessary, I can break into the reserves. My experience has been, on holiday or home, men tend to pay for most of the drinks so I'll be just fine! Just didn't want to be scraping by!

Yippee!!! Only 36 hours to go!!! 8)

Yup, bursting at the seams excited! My friends arrive from Cali at 6AM tomorrow so packing is tonight...then it's one long party till I get back to NY! :) :)

alex311279 said:
It's a genuine question?

It looks like somone else may have had a question involving currency and money few years ago too. (see below)

Shirley you must have known how to use an online mapping program back then??

A genuine question...

29.05.2004, 09:51 AM #1 alex311279 Join Date: Jan 2004

travellers cheques exchange /bank locations
american express have 2 banks in ibiza that provide fee exchange of travellers cheques, can someone tell me where exactly these are?
Quote:

Banco Santander Central Hispano SA
32 Bartomeu de Rossello

Telephone
34 971 313111

6 Ignacio Wallis

also when getting cheques exchanged that do have commision charged, what do ppl think is best? euro or gbp cheques? and is the commision rate usually the same?
clear.gif

dj_joeyc42 said:
It looks like somone else may have had a question involving currency and money few years ago too. (see below)

Shirley you must have known how to use an online mapping program back then??

A genuine question...

29.05.2004, 09:51 AM #1 alex311279 Join Date: Jan 2004

travellers cheques exchange /bank locations
american express have 2 banks in ibiza that provide fee exchange of travellers cheques, can someone tell me where exactly these are?
Quote:

32 Bartomeu de Rossello

Telephone
34 971 313111

6 Ignacio Wallis

also when getting cheques exchanged that do have commision charged, what do ppl think is best? euro or gbp cheques? and is the commision rate usually the same?
clear.gif

Ha you clown, I had tried online maps and none of them where accurate enough.

As it happens when I made that post I already knew a variety of ways of taking cash abroad and knew of the various positives and negative connotations of each, but was working out which was cheapest dues to various commision and bank charges.

Nice try though, where is Israel btw?

alex311279 said:
Ha you clown, I had tried online maps and none of them where accurate enough.

As it happens when I made that post I already knew a variety of ways of taking cash abroad and knew of the various positives and negative connotations of each, but was working out which was cheapest dues to various commision and bank charges.

Nice try though, where is Israel btw?

Hey, I tried!!!

I see you only 10 or so days left until your holiday, enjoy. Watch out for those bank charges though!

btw - I do know where Israel is and I'm glad I am not there right now.

peace

Hywel said:
have a safe journey, there and back...look forward to your review on your return :)

It's gonna come and go so fast!!! My friends have just called from the airport in LA...on the way here...so it's officially begun for them! Woohoo!!!!

i will spend 600 euros on the flight and the hotel with half board for a week,then 1500 euros on the pocket for lunch,discos,formentera travel,bus and taxis,suveniers and watersports(motor).

Back