Money

NYC06

Hi. I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times...but how much money, on average, do you need over a week there?

Thanks!

Sirens said:
£500 min just on spending money

Okay, but I'm American, so can we think in either Euros or $$$ please?

I was thinking like around 1600 euros...to play with...

I reckon my daily spend looks something like this

Breakfast - £5
lunch at a beach side restaurant - £10
daytime drinks - £15
taxi - £10
evening drinks £30
dinner at a nice restaurant - £30

= £100 = $188

then a club a few times a week...

ticket - £30
drinks - £80
taxis - £15

= £125 = $230

grego said:
€1600 for one week is more than enough to enjoy yourself properly in ibiza.

Okay, good. I didn't want to have to break out the AMEX or be worrying about money. This is a cash only trip.

How many nights do people typically go clubbing?

grego said:
€1600 for one week is more than enough to enjoy yourself properly in ibiza.

:eek:

Last year - 10 days - 2 people = £4000 €6400

@ 10Days = €3200 each / 10 = €320 per day

@ 7Days = €2240 for one week.(Not including Hotel / Flights)

This was a particularly flamboyant trip - My Partner & I got engaged, so kicked arse out of everything. Ate Well, did Space / DC10 / Pacha x2 / Amnesia & got totally trollied....

Depends on who's on in the clubs, how tired you are - I usually do the Space / DC10 marathon, then try and have one night out Club & One night nice meal / bars and alternate....

I personally prefer to try and alternate (as I'm getting old!), though previous holidays have seen 7 day sessions - That need a month off to recover...

Last edited by a moderator:
NYC06 said:
Okay, good. I didn't want to have to break out the AMEX or be worrying about money. This is a cash only trip.

go clubbing every night... and some days too, spend the other hours exploring the many beautiful beaches !

Yeah...that's what we were thinking...every night...we aren't old, but we aren't young either...all between 27 and 30. Ibiza is VERY expensive just to get to from the States, so it's a once in a lifetime thing...we are going to have a good time and sleep when we get home. Break out the AMEX if we must.

Thanks for all the advice. We can't wait. We leave on Friday!!! :D 8)

NYC06 said:
Yeah...that's what we were thinking...every night...we aren't old, but we aren't young either...all between 27 and 30. Ibiza is VERY expensive just to get to from the States, so it's a once in a lifetime thing...we are going to have a good time and sleep when we get home. Break out the AMEX if we must.

If it's once in a lifetime, don't worry about money and fit as much of the island in that you can.....

Holidays are for fun (not for fretting over Amex bills;))

Enjoy, you lucky so and so....

NYC06 said:

i'm 29... and I plan on going out every night... and i'm coming from Canada.. plenty of peeps WAAAY older than you going hard! 8) :)

oh yeah and the once in a lifetime thing? i went in 2004 to 'get it out of my system', now am going back for my third time!

NYC06 said:
... Break out the AMEX if we must...

forget your "AMEX" @ ibiza :evil: :spank:

only big hotels, gasstations and some shops/restaurants accept amex.

only about 1 place out of 4 where i wanted to eat/shop/etc
took my amex :evil:

dj_joeyc42 said:
Do most places accept USD$$ ?? or should I change everything to euros before coming over?
sorry, but are you joking??

euros, my dear... just like they wouldn't accept euro at a club in washington ;)

dj_joeyc42 said:
I get your point..... Never have been out of the US, a little sheltered.

Surely you dont need to have travelled the world to know countries have thier own currency?

If shown a map of the world could you point out Iraq without having to look it up? what about the Scotland? or the UK?

alex311279 said:
Surely you dont need to have travelled the world to know countries have thier own currency?

If shown a map of the world could you point out Iraq without having to look it up? what about the Scotland? or the UK?

Thanks for the geography lesson........point taken.

Back