Money Worries. help please!

LiamHooks

hi basically im off to ibiza with my girlfriend in august and we should have saved between us around £1000 to £1200 by then, which converts to about 1350 euros.

we're only going for the week, and plan to go to a club 3 of those nights and just a bar on the others.

we want to go to pacha, amnesia and space, and we're also staying in san antonio which is far from most of them clubs aswell, as we didnt know this when we book the holiday, so that means more on taxis than neccessary.

Just wondering basically is this enough money?

and also the disco bus, does it run from san antonio to all the destinations or just from san antonio to ibiza town then im looking at getting anotehr bus or a taxi

your help is much appreciated

and im not fussed about going to a bar till about 1sh to get lashed and then going a club about 1 and ohnly having a few drinks because im already ****ered

You will have enough, as long as you are reasonably sensible at the big club nights.

Last year you were talking 10 Euros for a water and 12 for a coke in Amnesia. So imagine how much you will spend if you are drinking something like vodka and redbull all night!

I always stick with the tried and tested Belfast way of getting leathered before you go out (be it with drinks in the apartment or at the comparitvely cheap West End, although I'd totally understand if you wish to avoid there like the plague!).

yeah mate like i said i plan to get trashed before i go to a club and in the club probably only have 4 or 5 drinks each so thats about 100 euros and about 50 to get in each, so its gonna cost around 600 euros to go a club for 3 nights but thats without drinks beforehand.

actually i plan to get some 'little fellas' one night so that might save me a bit but not that much because ill need water haha

and thats without getting pissed before hand and taxis there, so athst probalt gonna be another 100 euros each night bumping my total up to 900 euros just for them 3 club nights leaving my only 400 euros for 4 nights ina bar plus food!

im worried

should be fine if

1. don;t drink in the clubs
2. don;t drink too much in the bars - supermarket and drink in room before heading out
3. don;t do fine dining - plenty of cheap & cheerful places to eat (tip - jackie Browns in the bay does 3 course deals - there will be other places as well - good value)
4. use buses as much as possible or even Shanks' Pony

hmmm i did plan to have at least a couple of drinks in the clubs and eat out a few times, guess ill have to tone it done even more lol

i might be able to save a little bit more but not much

It will be enough if you say your only planning on going clubbing 3 times. Plus a lot of bars do coach/bus things that take you to certain nights so you only need a cab back.

If you are going to Cream @ Amnesia - buy your ticket from Bar M in San An and get the free bus to the club - that will save you around 24€ taxi fare. Also, if you do get taxi's to clubs - ask around for another 2 to share with you, get a receipt and you can claim back your fare at the club by handing in the receipt - I am pretty sure most of the big clubs do this, but you might need to check exactly which ones will.

Another tip I have found in the past for getting"free" water is that you buy your bottle of water, finish it, fill it up with water from the bathrooms then go back to the bar showing your full bottle of water and ask for a glass with ice to go with it..... that way you have ice cubes to keep you going - they soon melt :) do this most of the night..... mates have saved quite a bit using this ploy :lol::lol::lol:

ah thanks for the advice i dont plan on going cream at amnesia i plan to go to

cocoon @amnesia
pure pacha
and space one night not sure when though

does a free bus run from bar m for all of the amnesia nights?

aswell i was planning on buying the tickets for these 3 nights before i go to ibiza is this a good or bad idea?

cocoon @amnesia
pure pacha

aswell i was planning on buying the tickets for these 3 nights before i go to ibiza is this a good or bad idea?

To be honest I dont know about other nights - I just remember getting the bus one year for Cream and it was like being in charge of a young offender's night out from a Unit - I felt sooooooo old.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: But it could do because people on the bus were also going to Manumission which is on the other side of the motorway so I dont think it was just a bus for Cream - check out the search option for Disco Bus.

Space is your more expensive night out with regards to taxi's from San An but for Space I would buy your tickets from this site - we all do. You get to join a much smaller, faster queue.

You also get wristbandsand if you enter Space before 4pm you get one pass out - that means you can go over to Bora Bora - or go on the beach after visiting the shops for drinks, ice lollies, basically take a rest break from the madness...

cocoon @amnesia
pure pacha

I think Bar M runs a bus to whatever night it is supporting that night....

Put 600 Euros in your safe and say "that's our clubbing money" and just take out 200e each time you go clubbing.

Then you know your 3 nights are secure.

Then just spend what you spend and drink san miguel on the beach when you run out.

easy.

To be honest I dont know about other nights - I just remember getting the bus one year for Cream and it was like being in charge of a young offender's night out from a Unit - I felt sooooooo old.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: But it could do because people on the bus were also going to Manumission which is on the other side of the motorway so I dont think it was just a bus for Cream - check out the search option for Disco Bus.

Space is your more expensive night out with regards to taxi's from San An but for Space I would buy your tickets from this site - we all do. You get to join a much smaller, faster queue.

You also get wristbandsand if you enter Space before 4pm you get one pass out - that means you can go over to Bora Bora - or go on the beach after visiting the shops for drinks, ice lollies, basically take a rest break from the madness...

We did that to Cream from that one that begins with K.........sorry my mind has gone blank. We were 22 at the time and WE felt old! :rolleyes:

Another tip I have found in the past for getting"free" water is that you buy your bottle of water, finish it, fill it up with water from the bathrooms then go back to the bar showing your full bottle of water and ask for a glass with ice to go with it..... that way you have ice cubes to keep you going - they soon melt :) do this most of the night..... mates have saved quite a bit using this ploy :lol::lol::lol:

That is absolute genius, are you sure your not Scottish??!!

BRILLIANT. How have I never thought of this ? This is the biggest development ever. You may have saved my poor dehydrated body another battering.

It is one of the better tips I have worked out for Ibiza - it really rankles me having to spend nigh on 45€ a night just to stay hydrated and if you x that by 5+ nights of clubbing it soon mounts up....

....... use my gift wisely my children...... ;)

Back