money talks

tip cab drivers?

always :)

Rubbish, i have worked as a waiter for nearly a year and had to live off that, it wasn't fun but i made a special effort to be good to every customer and be as helpfull as i possibly could, i didn't always get tipped but i would never dreamed to expect a tip off any one.

qtoy - maybe different countries different customs? here it is normal to tip - heavens, i tip at burger king (take away ;-)

kc said:
barbie where is km5?and what type of food do they serve?also i have noticed a lot of you talk about kumharas,where is this and is it a pub or somewgere to eat?thanks

KM5 is 5km from Ibiza Town (get it :p ;) ), any taxi driver will know where it is, food is lovely, modern cuisine, that type of thing. Apart from good food it has the best garden in the world, big comfy seats, hammocks etc, perfect for a chilled night.

Kuhmaras is right round San Antonio Bay, it's a sunset bar, best one imo, it does serve food, you get lots of locals and hippies there.

Q TOY said:
Rubbish, i have worked as a waiter for nearly a year and had to live off that, it wasn't fun but i made a special effort to be good to every customer and be as helpfull as i possibly could, i didn't always get tipped but i would never dreamed to expect a tip off any one.

Tipping is part of British culture too. A tip of 10% is something you would normally give if a meal is satisfactory and meets standards. 15% if the service/meal is above expectations.
It's also worth checking if the restaurant/bar you are at is a chain because corporate companies often take all the tips at head office :evil:
A general rule of thumb is always to give cash tips, never do it on your card and if service is included on the bill when it comes ask if it goes to the staff.
It's a nice thing to do! Not something that is expected of you...your call.

Back