money problems

Harmani

would any body be able to tell me how much money i will need for my stay? I'm goin to Ibiza on 28th June for ten days and staying in San Antonio. What u reckon is the minimum i will need to take? :?: 8)

ten days is a long time! nice nice
but to really enjoy yourself and have no money limits, the more the better!
minimum i'd say £1,500????
most people will say thats hardly anything
tis expensive too enjoy yourself out there but SO worth it

hope that helps a bit

Harmani said:
would any body be able to tell me how much money i will need for my stay? I'm goin to Ibiza on 28th June for ten days and staying in San Antonio. What u reckon is the minimum i will need to take? :?: 8)

Depends. What clubs (if any) do you wanna do? You gonna venture out of San An?

money

whoa i cant afford that much!! i was thinking around 700! but i'm goin with 18 other mates so i'll try n skank drinks off em!! seriously though? i dont need that much do i?

It all depends how much you drink (especially in the clubs), if you want to eat in expensive restaurants do other activities, shop loads etc

I've done a big club every night + Space in a week and only spent £350 whereas last year I spent about £750 in the week but was on Vodka Limons morning, noon and night (well not all night in the clubs but when I was in bars)

I would say you easily could do 10 days on less than a grand but take as much dosh as you can :)

Re: money

Harmani said:
whoa i cant afford that much!! i was thinking around 700! but i'm goin with 18 other mates so i'll try n skank drinks off em!! seriously though? i dont need that much do i?

You can do it on £700 quite easily as long as you don't go mad with your money and have drinks either in your apartment or in the cheaper bars and don't eat in really expensive places as long as you remember that you won't have to scrimp that much just be a tiny bit careful

Last year I joked that if I ran out of money I would ask everyone if I could borrow a tenner til we got back and that would have given me an extra £250 as there was a group of 26 of us :lol:

money

I wont be eatin owt fancy or shoppin loads i'm purely goin for the experience of the music and everything, and to have the best time of my life! i went last year for a week around the same time and just about survived on 400 quid.

sorry i scared ya!
i like to go with no money problems and since i work DAMN hard all year, i justify spending that much as i deserve it

you can obviously do it as cheap as you want, like Helen said, scrimp here and there and you'll be fine

it depends on what type of clubber you are.

Go to the westend for cheap drinks you can get drinks buy one get one free or try strikers bar drink as much as you can in 1 hour for 10 euros.

san an is good if your drinkers its has a bad reputation for beer boys but its not always like that i reccomend you give it a try this is my third year and ill be there.

theres also some good clubs karaoke bars etc etc.
good pre club entertainment and extremley cheap all the clubs in westend are free entry.

places like ibiza town are more expensive but have more of a cosmopolitan feel to them.

i personally prefer san an but i reccomend at least one visit to the town the magnificen views of the harbour try the base bar althou its usuakky crowded there its quite funky.

when you go to any of the clubs be it privelage or eden or pacha drinks and entry are expensive best getting flyers etc to get you discount entry.

my reccomendation is

1. GO TO SUNSETSTRIP DONT DONT BUY DRINKS FROM THE CAFE BARS GO TO AN OFF LICENSE OR SUPERMARKET AND GET YOURSELF A BOTTLE OF SOMTHING CAUSE YOU WILL PAY 3 TIMES THERSE PRICES IN THE BARS.

2. WATCH THE SUNSET WHY DRINKING A TIPPLE OF YOUR CHOICE

3 ONCE THE SUNSET HAS FINISHED STAY AROUND FOR A WHILE TO WATCH THE PRE PARTIES HAPPEN YOU CAN SEE SOME REALLY GOOD DJ'S FOR FREE.

4 EVENTUALY GO BACK TO YOUR HOTEL GET CHANGED AND READY PUT SOME SOUNDS ON ON YOUR STEREO AND SIT ON THE BALCANY AND HAVE A FEW.

5. HIT THE WESTEND AND GET A FEW DRINKS DOWN YA

6. GOT TO A CLUB OF YOUR CHOICE YOU WONT NEED MANY DRINKS AS YOU WILL BE QUITE TROLLIED HENCE YOU WILL SPEND LESS

I DID £800 IN TWO WEEKS LAST YEAR AND DID A CLUB EVERYNIGHT

SOME MAY DISAGREE WITH THIS ADVICE BECAUSE THEY DONT LIKE THE WESTEND BUT THIS IS MY OPINION.

if you like the more cosmopolitan feel of ibiza town im affraid i cant really help..

money

Ok thank you all for the advice. i think i'll be ok i got about 500 saved up now shud be able to get another 200 this month. Where is the best and cheapest place to go for 19 lads out on the lash?

Frontliners2003 said:
it depends on what type of clubber you are.

Go to the westend for cheap drinks you can get drinks buy one get one free or try strikers bar drink as much as you can in 1 hour for 10 euros.

san an is good if your drinkers its has a bad reputation for beer boys but its not always like that i reccomend you give it a try this is my third year and ill be there.

theres also some good clubs karaoke bars etc etc.
good pre club entertainment and extremley cheap all the clubs in westend are free entry.

places like ibiza town are more expensive but have more of a cosmopolitan feel to them.

i personally prefer san an but i reccomend at least one visit to the town the magnificen views of the harbour try the base bar althou its usuakky crowded there its quite funky.

when you go to any of the clubs be it privelage or eden or pacha drinks and entry are expensive best getting flyers etc to get you discount entry.

my reccomendation is

1. GO TO SUNSETSTRIP DONT DONT BUY DRINKS FROM THE CAFE BARS GO TO AN OFF LICENSE OR SUPERMARKET AND GET YOURSELF A BOTTLE OF SOMTHING CAUSE YOU WILL PAY 3 TIMES THERSE PRICES IN THE BARS.

2. WATCH THE SUNSET WHY DRINKING A TIPPLE OF YOUR CHOICE

3 ONCE THE SUNSET HAS FINISHED STAY AROUND FOR A WHILE TO WATCH THE PRE PARTIES HAPPEN YOU CAN SEE SOME REALLY GOOD DJ'S FOR FREE.

4 EVENTUALY GO BACK TO YOUR HOTEL GET CHANGED AND READY PUT SOME SOUNDS ON ON YOUR STEREO AND SIT ON THE BALCANY AND HAVE A FEW.

5. HIT THE WESTEND AND GET A FEW DRINKS DOWN YA

6. GOT TO A CLUB OF YOUR CHOICE YOU WONT NEED MANY DRINKS AS YOU WILL BE QUITE TROLLIED HENCE YOU WILL SPEND LESS

I DID £800 IN TWO WEEKS LAST YEAR AND DID A CLUB EVERYNIGHT

SOME MAY DISAGREE WITH THIS ADVICE BECAUSE THEY DONT LIKE THE WESTEND BUT THIS IS MY OPINION.

if you like the more cosmopolitan feel of ibiza town im affraid i cant really help..

That sounds just like what we did last year went clubbin everynite got hammered and survived on 400 for the week. we went to strikers gorms garage, village inn and a few other bars in the west end.

and did you enjoy it or are you looking for somthing a bit diffrent this year strikers gorms garage and villans classic bar even the london bar buy 4 x sex on the beach get a bottle of vodka free

aahhhhhh

I'm gonna take £900 for my 2 wk holiday this year. Last year I spent £450 in a week. We do go to alot of the big clubs but don't drink much once we're in the club. We usually have a drink before we go. We didn't have expensive meals every night either. Just treated ourselves a couple of nights. Suppose it depends how extravagant you are but you don't need to over-do-it if you can't really afford it.

i think u should be able to do it on 800 quid,i took a grand last yr for 10 days and came back with 200 left so that should be fine,i went to major clubs about 6 times and did a few boat trips as well 800 quid is plenty

klingclubber said:
ten days is a long time! nice nice
but to really enjoy yourself and have no money limits, the more the better!
minimum i'd say £1,500????
most people will say thats hardly anything
tis expensive too enjoy yourself out there but SO worth it

hope that helps a bit

Crikey bobs, how much champagne do you get through? ;)

Like everyone is saying, it all depends how much you want to do the big clubs and most importantly drink booze once in there. On average, (bar Pacha which is a complete rip-off for drinks) an alcholic drink will cost 10 euros, with beer just under that and a bottle of water is 6 euros.

I managed £600 in a week (my boyfriend took the same) and we did loads.

Harmani, please take all of the following expense categories into consideration:

Lodging (price per night):
Entertainment -- note > entry into a big club is 40-50 Euros.
Food:
Transportation: Bus, Cab, etc
Incidental:

Basically I think you are taking the wrong approach, dont think about what you want to do and work out how much it will cost, there is just far too much to do on the island especially with all the major clubs open. Just save as much as you can afford and then work out what you can do with it. Dont forget to set money aside for food, taxis and bottled water and such. A few cheap drinks from the supermarket can save you quite a bit when you go out and dont forget that big clubs are major money burners, even just for getting in, before you even buy a drink! As someone else suggested, the sunset cafes are pricey too, you can always take your own drink and sit on the beach outside the bars as they cant stop you from doing this, but beware, the police may not see it in the same light.. be disctreet!

Its all about what you can afford to do, not what you want to do and how much doing so will cost you... unless you have some unlimited source of wealth that you can tap into!

Back