mobile phones...

danahs

can any recommend a prepaid type phone that will work in the Netherlands and Ibiza??? I think that is a cheaper option than paying $1+/minute if I bring my American GSM phone over.

danahs said:
can any recommend a prepaid type phone that will work in the Netherlands and Ibiza??? I think that is a cheaper option than paying $1+/minute if I bring my American GSM phone over.

8) yeh we there the same time cant wait 8)

Purchase a phone at Vodafone on Avg da Espanya. Ask for a phone that accepts Sim cards. They currently have models from Siemens starting at 69 Euros w/ phone credit. As your credit runs out you can purchase additional time either at the store or online.

premile said:
Purchase a phone at Vodafone on Avg da Espanya. Ask for a phone that accepts Sim cards. They currently have models from Siemens starting at 69 Euros w/ phone credit. As your credit runs out you can purchase additional time either at the store or online.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to take HIS phone out and buy a spanish SIM while he is out there??

andivokes said:
premile said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to take HIS phone out and buy a spanish SIM while he is out there??
The US use a different frequency to GSM, so he has to use a GSM abled phone ;)

swiss taff said:
andivokes said:
premile said:

Everyone hates a show-off!
motz2.gif

Funny, but true phone story:

This summer I took my Motorola Tri-band phone to Ibiza. Someone stole our bag at Playa d'en Bossa/Bora Bora beach and got my phone. I bought a Siemens phone from Movistar and accidentally ran over it with my car I (it dropped out of my pants and I didn't realize it until I heard a crunch). Then I had to go back to Movistar and purchase the exact phone again. Luckily I was able to keep the same SIM card. Lesson learned: hang onto your stuff!

andivokes said:
swiss taff said:
andivokes said:
premile said:

Everyone hates a show-off!
motz2.gif
so does that mean you hate me Andy :confused:

i decided to get a triband (sony/ericsonn T68i)... pretty much for emergency only since its $1/minute to make calls over there.

Back