Mobile 'pay as you go' Broadband

JT

I'm going to need to get mobile broadband when i'm out again in a few days. I will want quite high usage for a month at a time. Does anyknow know what provider does the best deals or which network has the best coverage for ibiza?

orange are currently pushing a pay as you go dongle for a one off payment - then you can buy daily airtime or more economicaly a week at a time.

Do you know where the best place to get one will be? Its nearest for me to go to San An.

One thing i always notice is that mobile phone shops seem to have the longest queues on the island. When i was there in May i waited in the Vodafone shop in San An for 30 mins and was still nowhere near the front and had to leave before getting a dongle

Hiya i am also after the same for when i come in september

Do you know how much it costs?

thanks

orange are currently pushing a pay as you go dongle for a one off payment - then you can buy daily airtime or more economicaly a week at a time.

i just came back and went to 7/8 shops in San An/Ibiza town etc. No chance of getting a dongle all sold out straight away when they came in (most shops only had 2-5 this year!) and they told me that Ibiza always gets stuff last so unlikely i'd get it anytime soon.

Movistar/vodafone/Orange all tried with no joy. I might try getting it off the internet but that didn't help me on my 17day holiday! + in Cala Vadella the speed would be slow in any case.

Ibiza always gets stuff last so unlikely i'd get it anytime soon.

Movistar/vodafone/Orange all tried with no joy. I might try getting it off the internet .

and you want to retire here!

you'd think the big phone companies would know that we're the clubbing capital of the med by now woudn't you?

I'm back out again for a few days next week so i thought i'd ask again.

Does anyone think that i might be able to get a mobile broadband PAYG dongle this year? After all the technology isn't exactly 'cutting edge'

I have just come back and they had dongles in the movistar/telefonica shop in Santa Eulallia, they are doing a deal which is supposed to work out at 3 euros a day, 19 a week, 49 for 30 days or 59 for 90 days. The problem we had is ours was set up at a daily rate (we think) which only allows 30mb per day where the 7 day option allows you 1gb. Ours then ran out after using only 164mb we think there was a limit to how often you could log on (only once a day). I think our problem was not speaking Spanish as the English of the lady in the shop was very good.
Regards
Peter

If you go to the phone shop by the petrol station on the main drag in Santa Eulalia the girl speaks good english. I bought a dongle late last year and on several short trips back to Ibiza over winter I went in the shop, paid 19e and she set my dongle up. You get 1gb for 19e but you must use it in 1 week so its fine for me. The daily rate option is pointless, they also do a 1gb for about 50e which you can use over 90 days but I like the 19e one. I am flying to Ibiza monday for 10 days so will recharge the dongle mid holiday but in the summer when I am there for 6 weeks I will just use my local bar that has free wifi and cheap beers!
Whatever you do, forget downloading video etc, its fine for emails, ebay blah blah but nothing to big.
Hasta!

Back