mixmag gold card

i agree - I seen him play up here at Ministry a few weeks ago and had an excellent night - shit hot, thumping house - didn't f*** up a mix once and had the place going from the minute the doors opened till 10 minutes after it was supposed to close.

He gets a lot of stick for being too commercial n that but to hell with it, don't care what anyone says - I still enjoy going to hear his sets and won't miss him if he plays anywhere that I'm able to go to!!!

markEg said:
i agree - I seen him play up here at Ministry a few weeks ago and had an excellent night - shit hot, thumping house - didn't *beep* up a mix once and had the place going from the minute the doors opened till 10 minutes after it was supposed to close.

He gets a lot of stick for being too commercial n that but to hell with it, don't care what anyone says - I still enjoy going to hear his sets and won't miss him if he plays anywhere that I'm able to go to!!!

I agree Mark, ive been to see him a few times now and its been fantastic, Judgement Sundays last year was fantastic. Especially when he played a more funky set in the back room with the guy on the sax!!!

Re: gold card

ksixty9 said:
if you know where the event is why do you need to have a gold card what is the diffrance it it's a pre party for the evetn the you don't pay anyway.

Well the mag says that the event is strictly invitation only, and the card is one of the ways to guarentee entry.

What gives? Is this Mixmag making a big deal of an already free event or what?!?

I agree on the Judge Jules thing.

If you are happy to listen to any old crap which is verging on chart music then fair play to you.

But he is only one step on the ladder above people like DJ Sammy and to be honest it pisses me off when people ask me what music I like and I tell them and then they associate me with that rubbish.

I know it sounds like snobbery e.t.c. and this subject always comes up but I am totally bored with listening to the same bad music by the same bad DJ's. If everyone was a little more clued up then we wouldnt have bell ends like Judge Jules making a fortune a nd crap clubs ripping us off.

Anyway - what does everyone think of the stuff played by Brian Varga and the West Coast house scene ??

Do you think MAW's production quality has dropped of late and how do you rate my favourite record of last year Tiefschwarz's Acid Soul ???

Back