CALVIN HARRIS LIVE
DEADMAU5 LIVE
ERIC PRYDZ
DAVE SPOON
EXAMPLE
LIVE
PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED

l_66764d3672b9424dbadb46312a214ba1.jpg

On the 31st December 2009, Ministry of Sound and AEG Live will host a live music event at the world famous O2 arena in London to celebrate New Years Eve 2009, a show that is set to be one of the biggest New Year’s Eve parties to take place in Europe.
Already booked for this exclusive event is the UK’s current pop obsession Calvin Harris who will be joined by the most original and unique dance music act of the moment Deadmau5, chart topping DJ heroes Eric Prydz and Dave Spoon, and one of the newest kids on the pop block Example. More artists will be announced soon.
Ministry of Sound Live 09 will offer revellers all night entertainment with nine hours of music accompanying spectacular visuals especially created for the event. A unique production policy will transform the arena via multiple stages, breathtaking lighting, pyrotechnic displays and an aerial walkway that will see artists and entertainers performing along an LED lit stage high above the crowd.
Massive LED curtains will also feature the largest number of LED batons ever used by any act to offer a truly unique visual sensation.
The DJ stage will offer a 360 degree experience for the artists and the event goers, acting as the main body of a massive eight legged lighting rig that will move and expand as the night draws closer to midnight.
For the midnight moment a bespoke pyrotechnic display will be unveiled programmed to Calvin Harris’s set offering the audience an unforgettable experience as they see in 2010.
Two of the most powerful forces in music entertainment coming together for one night only to present a never seen before live music event that will combine a selection of the UK’s most successful artists with imaginative and theatrical DJ sets.
Tickets are available from the 2nd October with an option of seated and standing priced respectively at £50 and £75 plus standard booking fee. Limited VIP tickets are also available.

Tickets £50 Seated // £75 Standing
www.ticketmaster.co.uk

www.ministryofsound.com/NyeO2
www.theo2.co.uk
www.ministryofsound.com

O2 Arena.
Peninsula Square
London
SE10 0DX

seated??? Is it a clubbing night or a show?

Was considering going to this but not sure now, especially with Cocoon just next door.

What's going on in Ministry itself Mr Parry?

Last edited by a moderator:
JUST ADDED...

Justice
392167400006APA_l.jpg

Plump DJs
392167371653A9C_l.jpg

l_d1ea303a86f24a8e87cca0b1ba33cdf6.jpg

MINISTRY OF SOUND LIVE FACEBOOK APPLICATION!
392171010126D0A_l.jpg

WIN all of this...

*A pair of tickets to the main event at the O2 on New Years Eve.

*Hotel accommodation for the night.

*£500 asos.com gift voucher.

*A pair of VIP tickets to see Sasha on New Years Day at Ministry of Sound.

*Free entry to Ministry of Sound for life.

*Signed Calvin Harris CDs

*Signed DeadMau5 CDs, T-Shirt and limited edition Deadmau5 i-pod speakers.

*Signed Dave Spoon Toolroom Knights CD.

*Huge handful of Global Underground CDs.

*A Year's free Membership for our new Ministry Members package.

*A Place on the Ministry of Sound DJ Academy.

*As many Ministry of Sound CDs and T-shirts we can get our hands on!

GET ENTERING HERE: http://apps.facebook.com/clubcomp

l_27e3bfe26ec847b8810273ea369e9513.jpg

393532539427E5G_l.png

393532563336DXC_l.jpg

Click here to listen>> http://www.ministryofsound.com/NYE/NewsDetails.aspx?n=409

393536572277DFB_l.png

393536600034FRD_l.jpg

Hi Plumps, how are you today?
Great, excited about NYE and busy starting our new record label Grand Hotel Records. You can go to www.grandhotelrecords.com and for a limited period download a free hi quality version of our previously unreleased live show classic 'Be Good' - Wowzers!

How would you describe your 2009?

The year has all come together well with our Global Underground mix getting big support, and our successful first time touring of the USA and Canada and launching our own label.

What have been the highlights for you?

Performing at Coachella festival in Palm Springs, Womb in Tokyo, Matter and Fabric and launching our own label

What has been the strangest thing to happen to you on tour this year?

We have survived which is always a massive surprise for us!

Are you looking forward to NYE and the O2 Arena?

Gonna be great to be a part of such a huge event at the end of such a troublesome decade, it’s time to let go and have a party like no other. The atmosphere at the o2 is gonna be amazing with so many people and such a massive line up.

Who else are you looking forward to checking on the lineup?

Dave Spoon and Deadmau5 who we have both just had the pleasure of remixing.

What’s been the best New Years Eve experience you’ve ever had?

Probably when i was 3 years old ..my nan gave me my first ever chocolate bar to eat. She was bored staying in looking after me on NYE, the experience changed my world forever. I will never forget it. It was a Wispa is my memory serves me correctly, or it could have been a Curly Wurly, they where both much bigger then than they are now.

If you could pick one track to play at midnight that summed up the whole of 2009 for you, what would it be and why?

Impossible Question!

Following on from that – what are your top five tracks of the year?

Check our set on NYE!

Finally, what five items would you need to make your New Years Eve go out with a bang?

Justice, Deadmau5, Dave Spoon and Calvin Harris.

</SPAN>

Cant stop watching it.. makes me laugh everytime!
Some comments on there are very unnecessary and shows they have no sense of humour what so ever!

NEW MICRO SITE!
Get over to www.ministryofsound.com to check out our new micro site. Register, get your profile set up and join in on the banter.

ERIC PRYDZ INTERVIEW
394567923582D0D_l.jpg

Eric, how are you today?

I’m feeling fantastic. I’m having a short break in Stockholm after a busy period in the studio.

How would you describe your 2009? What have been the highlights for you?

Apart from all the amazing shows, the highlight for me has been the beta launch of my new website - www.ericprydz.tv - I’ve been wanting to have a platform to interact with the fans for a long time so its great to finally get there and am looking forward to watching it grow over the coming months… Also moving to my new studio – it’s great.

What has been the strangest thing to happen to you on tour this year?

That’s an easy one! Getting shot by a ribbon cannon at Privilege and then passing out on stage – I was walking like a 90 year old man for a month after!

Are you looking forward to NYE and the O2 Arena?

Yes!

Who else are you looking forward to checking on the line-up?

Well it’s a great line up, but I haven’t seen Justice play for a while, so I’m very interested to see what they are going to do.

What’s been the best New Years Eve experience you’ve ever had?

Well I have played some incredible shows, but it was probably the last time I spent NYE with friends and family.

If you could pick one track to play at midnight that summed up the whole of 2009 for you, what would it be and why?

I think it would be my Cirez D ‘On/Off’ its the perfect party track, and was so well received this year – it would be a fitting way end the year and bring in a new one.

Finally, what would you need to make your New Years Eve go out with a bang?

A ribbon cannon and a bottle of vodka.

Looking forward to this....
Price seem's reasonable. Deadmau5 Prydz and Justice could all be playing seperate venues in the US or Aus for ridiculous money on NYE. But all three at the O2, plus more. The atmosphere will be sick!

Back