MINISTRY GOES UPMARKET WITH A MAJOR REFURB

Robo

Ministry of Sound have announced plans for a “major re-refurbishment programme”, which will be complete by the end of August this year (2003).

The new plans for the infamous south London club will include an overhaul of the venue’s main room; The Box will get an up-graded state-of-the-art custom built, surround sound system plus the addition of a brand new “Bay Box”. There will be a new DJ booth and a new “shot bar” in the Main Bar, and a completely new Balcony Bar.

Also new will be the “Green Room” – a green glass box that will apparently be floating in mid-air. The VIP lounge will have private booths with table booking and waitress service. Even the loos will get a refurb with promises of marble, leather-padded walls and make up stations for the girls.

Gary Smart Ministry’s General Manager said: “It’s Ministry of Sound’s job to revolutionise club culture and take it to the next level.”

The new look club will officially open on Bank Holiday weekend August 22 – 25 with a launch party taking place, Thursday August 21.

WOW wee that sounds excellent really does

last time i was there though it could use a polish

bet their number one fan will be very very very happy!!!!!

looking forward

xxxxxxx

Been on the GK forum Robo? Is there any piece of forum news/gossip that you dont copy and paste onto here? ;) :p :lol:

About 3 months ago I went to a forum at Ministry and they showed me the concepts and drawings then and it does look like it's going to be pretty swish, I'm sure I'll be paying it a visit no doubt so will report back :p

Barbie said:
About 3 months ago I went to a forum at Ministry and they showed me the concepts and drawings then and it does look like it's going to be pretty swish, I'm sure I'll be paying it a visit no doubt so will report back :p

its needed though don't u think
a nice new MoS, it will feel like youve never been, well almost :D ;)

a nice new MoS, it will feel like youve never been, well almost :D ;)[/quote]

I don't know, I love the Box and if it ain't broke...........but it's probably time for them to update it, just hope it doesn't start attracting a dodgy crowd :rolleyes:

Barbie said:

a nice new MoS, it will feel like youve never been, well almost :D ;)

I don't know, I love the Box and if it ain't broke...........but it's probably time for them to update it, just hope it doesn't start attracting a dodgy crowd :rolleyes:[/quote]

na, the box will still remain though won't it? and there will ALWAYS have a podium, how can they not?? speak to your mate and see if he can dish the goss???
me too dodgy crowd = no no no no :rolleyes:

The bit about upgraded surround sound system in the box sounds well dodgy, they shouldnt fcvk with the sound system, if they ruin it for the sake of change they will ruin the club.

Back