Mid October

"ibizatom"

Only arrived back yesterday but my first day back at work today was that depressing I had to have a look at flights to cheer me up. Found some cheap flights for middle of October. Around 16th. This is midweek. I know all the clubs will be shut and possibly only a few west end bars open. But, what about the sunset strip and bars round by itaca? Will San an be a complete ghost town? If we chose Ibiza town what would it be like busy wise?

Thanks in advance

I was guessing San an would be in lockdown by then. Thought Ibiza town would be busier. Might be going with a friend for the first time and we're looking at making it a two day party lads event around the bars and beach club's but don't want to be the only ones there.

I was guessing San an would be in lockdown by then. Thought Ibiza town would be busier. Might be going with a friend for the first time and we're looking at making it a two day party lads event around the bars and beach club's but don't want to be the only ones there.

Ibiza Town probably better as there are more local bars that will still be open. Also it would be a great time to hire a car and explore the island, the roads will be quiet and you can park easily at the beaches, the weather generally is as good that time of year too, if anything the season in Ibiza ends a bit early, but I do understand the locals and workers like to enjoy their downtime after a long summer.

Yeah I agree about the season ending to early. Always thought 1st of may till Halloween would be good then the island still has 6 months to recover. It depends who I go with. If I go with my mate then it'll probably just consist of beer and beaches. If I can rope my missus into it then it'll be activities and eating out thing. I only asked about San an cause I seen the hotels were dirt cheap and that ones that close in winter are still available so didn't know if a few west end bars or itaca would still be open because of this? Thanks for the tips.

Great time of year to go but not really for partying although some beach clubs - sa trinxa etc may still be open and there is certainly fun to be had!

Like they say. Ibiza is always a good idea ? I've been in November, January, March and April which are all obviously out of season and had a great time. The January one was this year. Went out for a small Trance event in San an bay but stayed in Ibiza town. One of the best holidays I've ever had! Spent a few nights eating and drinking around the old town. The Saturday was 20+ degrees. Walked up Dalt Vila in the day then watched the sunset on a secluded sunset strip then ate dinner at the golden Buddha before going down the west end as there was a festival on so the west end was bustling. Drank in a packed Tropical then went over to San an bay to Essigi club for the Trance night. Was the best! Would love to tick off new year at some point.

In the Clubs the crowd is different to summer. Locals and expats . A Lot of workers leave the Island and looking for work at the Canary Islands or somewhere.
Its nice , but different. Strange to park at Cavallet without other Cars and paying. Same at Salinas.

Last edited:
In the Clubs the crowd is different to summer. Locals and expats . A Lot of workers leave the Island and looking for work at the Canary Islands or somewhere.
Its nice , but different. Strange to park at Cavallet without other Cars and playing. Same at Salinas.

I take it Portinatx/San Miguel/Benirras are pretty much a no go this time of year for things being open?

I take it Portinatx/San Miguel/Benirras are pretty much a no go this time of year for things being open?

Was there end of Oct to First Werk in Nov. The tourist spots are dead ( pdB , SanAn ) Was Strange to See the dead West End Sa Trinxa can be Open , but its quiet.
Whats up at Casa Colonial ? In earlier days they had some Fiestas but only in the season ? Croissant Show and other Things are Open in Dalt Vila.
There are a Lot of rich expats in the Island who want to have Dinner and dir somewhere
But These are not clubbers normally

Last edited:
Was there end of Oct to First Werk in Nov. The tourist spots are dead ( pdB , SanAn ) Was Strange to See the dead West End Sa Trinxa can be Open , but its quiet.
Whats up at Casa Colonial ? In earlier days they had some Fiestas but only in the season ? Croissant Show and other Things are Open in Dalt Vila.
There are a Lot of rich expats in the Island who want to habe Dinner and dir somewhere
But These are not clubbers normally

Yeah I've been San an a few times out of season. Bar that night when there was a festival on in January every visit has been completely deserted. Unbelievable how one place can be so polarised from one season to the next. Don't particularly need clubs. That's what summer is for. Just like things to be going on bar and restaurant wise. Will Ibiza ever become an all year round destination? Who knows? The weather and bars I went in on my January visit certainly raise a case for it at some point.

I was amazed just how busy Ibiza/Formentera was this last week (Thur - Weds Oct 2) far busier than I can ever remember. The beaches on Formentera were busy - and being annoyed by the party boats moored off the beaches (surely this will be stopped in future - bang/thud noises all afternoon are NOT Formentera, rant over) - and the bars in Ibiza town very well occupied well into the wee hours.

With the sea temperature being exceptionally high for the time of year, maybe an effect of global warming, who knows??, maybe the "season" will extend itself naturally over the next few years? Also October doesn't seem to be as prone to the ridiculously heavy thunderstorms that arrive mid-Sept.

I'd certainly sooner go in early October than mid-September; with the added bonus the kids are back in school and out of the way!

I'm arriving solo on the 16th for 5 days. Cannot wait. Anyone know if Chiringay beach cafe will be open? Nothing on their site.

I was amazed just how busy Ibiza/Formentera was this last week (Thur - Weds Oct 2) far busier than I can ever remember. The beaches on Formentera were busy - and being annoyed by the party boats moored off the beaches (surely this will be stopped in future - bang/thud noises all afternoon are NOT Formentera, rant over) - and the bars in Ibiza town very well occupied well into the wee hours.

With the sea temperature being exceptionally high for the time of year, maybe an effect of global warming, who knows??, maybe the "season" will extend itself naturally over the next few years? Also October doesn't seem to be as prone to the ridiculously heavy thunderstorms that arrive mid-Sept.

I'd certainly sooner go in early October than mid-September; with the added bonus the kids are back in school and out of the way!

I remember 2 Years ago : Additional Partys in Pacha and somewhere after the Closings. 1 additional Flower Power and so on. I think it was. If they see that they can have additional buiseness , they will Take it : Still enough People there , let us Open. Dont know If the Robin Schulz Date Last year was Planner early ... Not my Kind of music btw

Back