Mid october weather.

Dereklad

Hello people im going to Ibiza sept 6 to the 12.first time for me so looking forward to get out of crappy birmingham for a week.
Anyway my girl,who like myself is working and living in crappy birmingham.shes mentioned shed like to get away in october somewhere.
Whats the weather like in october in Ibiza is it beach weather,bikini weather,because its hadly worth it me taking her ibiza if its freezing and raining like back in brum.
And whats the latest youd visit Ibiza for viable weather.
A week at the beach might be good for my girls life and soul and mine.
I might ask her not 100%yet.i need to know what the weather like first.
Thanks for any replies.

Last edited:
I’ve been late October before and had amazing weather, just need to be aware that you have a higher chance of getting rain/bad weather than in August/September so the weather is more of a risk.

Been twice in September and both times have had terrible weather the entire time besides a couple of half days, just the roll of the dice I'm afraid it could be glorious it could be average it could be shit ..we have found anything after late August is chance

Ok thanks for the reply im deffo going sept booked,not 100%on october see how thing pan out.my girl looks a bit down and a holiday may lift her spirits a bit from the hum drum birmingham life.

Can vouch for October too … have been a couple of times for 4-5 day trips middle of the month and weather has been lovely cooler but definitely beach weather … a few downpours at night but not prolonged rain like sometimes seen in early September

Same experience in October : Windy, but often beach weather. Sometimes Rain.
Look for a calm spot at the beach.
Good for sitting in Dalt Vila at day Evenings with long sleeve or inside.
Not a Bad time to visit the Island .

Last time I was in Ibiza was at the end of October 2019 and weather was fantastic, each day was easily 25 degrees and sunny. The day I left was the day the hotel shut its doors for the season and I was the last person out of the hotel (Abrat).

Maybe I was lucky but would do it again.

October is our favourite time to come. Occasionally the odd shower. Not to hot, mid to late 60’s.
most rain I have encountered is in September and was biblical if I had to describe.
to sum up its 1000x better than being in England in October, it’s cheaper to fly and accommodation too. And a much better cooler crowd. Can’t go wrong IMO.
We are booked for last week of October, but on a normal year when clubs are open first 2 weeks are the best while closing parties are going on.

October is our favourite time to come. Occasionally the odd shower. Not to hot, mid to late 60’s.
most rain I have encountered is in September and was biblical if I had to describe.
to sum up its 1000x better than being in England in October, it’s cheaper to fly and accommodation too. And a much better cooler crowd. Can’t go wrong IMO.
We are booked for last week of October, but on a normal year when clubs are open first 2 weeks are the best while closing parties are going on.

Yes

At a normal year the closing times are the best time of the year ( opening times , too ). Different crowd on the island.

October can more often be better than September.
Personally I prefer September, it's warmer at night.
I don't care to have a few days of rain Tbh, but I stay generally at least 3 weeks.

For those who stay a few days, I understand that it can be painful.
I went twice to ibiza in October, the second one was terrible, the wind was unbearable.

Personally I prefer September, it's warmer at night.
I don't care to have a few days of rain Tbh, but I stay generally at least 3 weeks.

For those who stay a few days, I understand that it can be painful.
I went twice to ibiza in October, the second one was terrible, the wind was unbearable.

Yeah wind and rain , sometimes. 2 or 3 days in most cases , then better.
The beach bars have wind protection at this time.
Saw no reserved signs on the tables in Jockey club late season ?

Last time I went to Jockey Club, i paid in pesetas

After season its ok

Stays a longer open than Sa Trinxa ( normal years ) ?

I remember JC was open , everything other closed

Not the friendliest staff there. Sa Trinxa is much better , I know

Last edited:
after living here all year around for ten years now, I don't think there's really a reliable recommendation to make as to whether september or october is a better month to come weather wise.

as explained many times in the past, we usually get one period of proper rain some time between late august and end of september. but I've seen years when that rain actually only came mid october. it really changes every year. and while it's true that I've seen years with a rainy september and then a glorious october, I've also seen it the exact other way around.

the rain periods aren't predictable. what can be said is that a) september is generally still warmer (both the air and the sea temperature) and b) that obviously the days are still quite a bit longer in september. especially if you come in mid-october, you suddenly notice how quickly the days get shorter and as a consequence of that, the evenings then also get cooler quite quickly. c) the island is still busier in september while it's more quiet and peaceful in october.

Thanks for all the reply.im goin 6 to 12 september booked it 6 months ago.
Ill probley go october as well .as ive got 3 weeks holiday owing from work.and this year has be totally crap in birmingham.
Even if my girl dont come ill go on my own dont bother me.
Thansk for the info people october sounds as good as any other month for a holiday.

Back