Methods of payment in bars

T

trancepunch

Hello everyone,
gonna be hitting Ibiza in July3rd (can't wait!!! :D ) and was wondering about the methods of payment in clubs - can you use credit cards there or is it just cash? Generally speaking, is it worth taking a lot of cash with you to Ibiza or do most places (even local small shops) take credit cards?

Thanks

a few places will take credit cards you best bet would be to take travellers chack thou

you can you credit cards but some small bars might not have these facilities

You can definatly put a card behind the bar in Pacha, not sure about the others.

Cash works best in bars & clubs, as you will find it quite busy at the bar and cards just take time to process as you know. It also helps you keep a track of what you really spent at the end of your session ;)

I mostly used cards ... There was a 25 euro minimum charge at Eden and Privilege ... Which typically wasn't a problem satisfying.

hey, is it also true that alcohol, esp if you buy it small corner shops, is cheaper than water? Any prices on drinks you all like?

yeh i like this for a price
water in the supermarkets (the little local spanish ones)
a big 1.5litre bottle for 15p and in the clubs a little 0.25liters bottle for £5

nice eh!

alcohol in these suppermarkets are DIRT, wine vodka stock up and drink b4 you go out, Much more economicaly friendly! :D

klingclubber said:
yeh i like this for a price
water in the supermarkets (the little local spanish ones)
a big 1.5litre bottle for 15p and in the clubs a little 0.25liters bottle for £5

nice eh!

alcohol in these suppermarkets are DIRT, wine vodka stock up and drink b4 you go out, Much more economicaly friendly! :D
Oh yeah, bottles of cheap vodka for €4 or less, absinthe for about the same price, beer (san miguel and other local beers anyway) is also cheap, and schnapps you can pick up for feck all too. I'd imagine wine is also cheap although we didn't get any last year.

Branded alcohol isn't so cheap, e.g. Budweiser, Smirnoff Vodka, Jack Daniels, After Shock etc but even they are cheaper than you would get them in the UK.

Got a bottle of vodka for less than £3 and a bottle of Schnapps for not much over £2.00 :eek: from a small shop/supermarket quite close and on the way to to Cafe del Mar. I can't remember what its called but I'd assume all the supermarkets charge about the same.

Both were 70cl size too.

good question! I seen some girl trying to use hers in amnesia in 2001, think she was allowed, u might wanna watch out tho mate, there could be an extra charge and skimming is a STRONG possibility!

Im getting sick thinking about the prices in Ibiza now! Does my head in coz I still Have to go! Its an addiction!

Frontliners2003 said:
american expresss

that ll do nicley

Don't rely on that - my experience is that a number of retail outlets have requested alternatives even though the card is on the door because of the high commision and length of time they have to wait for payment.

In my experience most clubs do take credit cards BUT they usually demand to see your passport before taking payment. And they take bloody ages to process the payment as the swipe machine is usually at the other end of the club. The whole process is a nightmare.

Last year I took my visa and drew money out from a cash-point before I went out. I did notice that Pacha have a cash-point in the club itself, which I found a little too useful one night when I ended up spending significantly more than I had planned to...

Back