Messed up with first trip to Ibiza...

NightclubFanboy

Spent most of the holiday doing boring things. One of my mates doesn't enjoy drinking and took 200 euros for the whole holiday, spent the whole time talking to his girlfriend back home on WiFi. Other mate took 400 euros but also didn't want to drink and prefers relaxing, hates staying out past about 3 AM. So we spent most of the holiday just sitting on the beach or doing watersports. Watersports was such a good time but I went there for the clubbing scene not for this.

Went to a superclub one night and had an absolute blast. But the other 4 nights were spent doing activities like going to coffee shops or smoking shisha. Nothing wrong with those, but there is when you are in Ibiza.

The West End was so bad. I literally enjoy messy nights and crazy people, but I didn't find those things at the West End. What I found at the West End was a sea of Africans selling drugs/sunglasses, promoters, and people sitting outside on the tables. Every single bar and club on the West End strip was completely empty? What is up with that? It was August in Ibiza and all of the bars are empty there? That was crazy to me. If the bars were packed out with drunk tourists it would've been great fun.

Es Paradis was terrible and everyone we spoke to there agreed. Rubbish vibe, unsociable. Only other thing we did is go to Café Mambo but down there it is literally cafés? I'm walking around there looking for the dance floor! Beach area near Mambo didn't see anyone mingle outside of their group. I like a more social scene.

So I assume everyone who goes to Ibiza just books tickets to the big clubs for every night they are there? I feel like I really missed out on the experience.

Should have stayed in pdb. Should have ditched your friends for at least one night.

I don't mind sitting out in the warm air in the west end. Pretty much always get talking to the people at the next table...

The wee cafes outside the all night supermarket near the egg are good to sit during the day and people watch.

Sea view too.

Surely you knew what your friends were like before you went? So you wouldnt have expected them to be party animals?!

Well one of them is a complete lightweight, but thought he might be more up for it on holiday. Thought why would he book to go to somewhere like Ibiza if he wasn't up for partying?

Other mate is a party animal usually but I don't know what's got into him lately. He seems to think he's allergic to alcohol. Weird because now we're back home he's up for going out every weekend again like we used to... As long as we only drink expensive champagne or cocktails.

Go it alone next time. Plenty on here do it. Not done it myself but I would if I had to.

Don't even need to book a hotel...

So I assume everyone who goes to Ibiza just books tickets to the big clubs for every night they are there? I feel like I really missed out on the experience.

errrrr.......no not really. There is so much more to Ibiza than just 'clubbin' but I guess this is the Clubbing Open Chat forum:confused:

Agree with Big Wox though, go on your own next time.....have done it half a dozen times and its much better not having to depend on others your with.:)

Only other thing we did is go to Café Mambo but down there it is literally cafés? I'm walking around there looking for the dance floor! Beach area near Mambo didn't see anyone mingle outside of their group. I like a more social scene.

Savannah can be good when theres a dj on, theres a dancefloor in there.

As the others have said, either choose your ibiza pals better next time, or just go it alone. See Big Maz's thread for inspiration.

Me and my pals tend to have one or two nights we all definitely want to do, and are aware of most other things that are on when we are there but usually go with the flow as most plans tend to go out the window.

I'd also recommend getting out of san an a bit more next time. If you are there with your dull mates again, start off the night with them but then ditch them at midnight and go jump on the disco bus to a club. You'll get chatting to people in ibiza no probs if you are a social person. You'd probably find that easier if you weren't with your dull mates killing your vibe.

Should have stayed in pdb. Should have ditched your friends for at least one night.

I don't mind sitting out in the warm air in the west end. Pretty much always get talking to the people at the next table...

Met a nice couple Irish girls doing this exact same thing a few weeks ago. Won't be forgetting that night in a hurry :twisted::spank:

Place is a cattle market!

Maybe do more research beforehand on the main spotlight website. Nothing wrong at all with taking it easy or not going clubbing at all but a shame to miss out if thats what you really wanted. Choose your company wisely

Spent most of the holiday doing boring things. One of my mates doesn't enjoy drinking and took 200 euros for the whole holiday, spent the whole time talking to his girlfriend back home on WiFi. Other mate took 400 euros but also didn't want to drink and prefers relaxing, hates staying out past about 3 AM. So we spent most of the holiday just sitting on the beach or doing watersports. Watersports was such a good time but I went there for the clubbing scene not for this.

Went to a superclub one night and had an absolute blast. But the other 4 nights were spent doing activities like going to coffee shops or smoking shisha. Nothing wrong with those, but there is when you are in Ibiza.

The West End was so bad. I literally enjoy messy nights and crazy people, but I didn't find those things at the West End. What I found at the West End was a sea of Africans selling drugs/sunglasses, promoters, and people sitting outside on the tables. Every single bar and club on the West End strip was completely empty? What is up with that? It was August in Ibiza and all of the bars are empty there? That was crazy to me. If the bars were packed out with drunk tourists it would've been great fun.

Es Paradis was terrible and everyone we spoke to there agreed. Rubbish vibe, unsociable. Only other thing we did is go to Café Mambo but down there it is literally cafés? I'm walking around there looking for the dance floor! Beach area near Mambo didn't see anyone mingle outside of their group. I like a more social scene.

I think it's much easier to mingle and mix with people when your relaxed. By the sounds of it you had the hump!

Which tbh I probably would have too. I remember going out there with an ex of mine.. We bought tickets for Carl Cox at Cocoon and then on the night she magically got ill. Funny, she was fine the next day.

That was the last time I ever went to Ibzia with her.

If I were you I would spend the next year saving and reading this forum and go out there by yourself. PDB may be better for you.

What night did you go to and enjoy btw?

Should have bagged her off PP!

My wife went with a girl years ago who insisted on watching big f**king brother every night! The breaking point was when my Mrs wanted to go sunset strip on the saturday but the girl wanted to watch the round up of the fridY night eviction they had already watched ha ha

From then on one went to the beach- other the pool! My wife went clubbing on here own.

Funnily enough recently, 10+ years later, the girl suggested going aways together again!

Reactions: PP
Should have bagged her off PP!

My wife went with a girl years ago who insisted on watching big f**king brother every night! The breaking point was when my Mrs wanted to go sunset strip on the saturday but the girl wanted to watch the round up of the fridY night eviction they had already watched ha ha

From then on one went to the beach- other the pool! My wife went clubbing on here own.
Funnily enough recently, 10+ years later, the girl suggested going aways together again!

I kinda did. That night we wee having a few drinks at the hotel bar whilst I sulked. She went up to the hotel room and I stayed for a few more. I got on pretty well with the Spanish guy behind the bar and next thing we were on the way to Es Paradis.We got a lift from mate who was blasting out heavy metal to all of the San An punters!

Turned out to be a good night. She went nuts when I got in though.

Surely this 'new member' is a troll?
No one could have such a shit depressing time in Ibiza, ever??? :lol:
I reckon he's had your lots pants darn :spank:

Surely this 'new member' is a troll?
No one could have such a shit depressing time in Ibiza, ever??? :lol:
I reckon he's had your lots pants darn :spank:

I could quite understand it. People have such a high expectation of how good their holiday is going to be, a couple of buzzkills could easily ruin it. Although i go with friends I've learned over the years that if i wanna do something I'll just go do it. Luckily the guys i go with tend do be up for the same kinda nights so its never really been much of an issue although have made an arse of things like dc10 for waiting to go as a group and turning up when its already packed and having a shit night.

I saw a post on Reddit a few weeks ago about some 20 year old lads that basically just stayed in the west end, and complained it was shit, nowhere was busy.

Mind boggles that people don't do a bit of research as to where they are going.

Back