Meganite?

Andrew

Hi folks,

Not long till I am reunited with the white isle and just wanted to know what the good people of Spotlight thought of Meganite.

I'm stuck for where to go on 24th June and thought Meganite might be a bit of a goer. I'm into a wide range of music and do like a bit of techno and minimal. However last time I saw Picotto play he was playing hard trance (which was a good while back now). I know he plays techno mostly not sure what the impression of his night was as nobody seems to talk about it. I'm not so keen on the really hard techno / more the minimal side of the genre...but I have some of Adam Beyer's stuff and quite like it (Fabric 22 especially). Given this limited lowdown of my music tastes could this be a good option? The price is pretty reasonable but I suppose its only going to be half of privelege open (not that thats a bad thing).

Opinions very much appreciated :)

Oh ..and Monza no doubt would probably suit me a lot better and I wouldnt bother going if I were going to Monza the next night but its Cream that night to see Sasha!

Its funny I just found your thread and was having a look at it.

Seems from what you were saying that its all a bit dependent on numbers... and I agree that you need a decent sized crowd for a good night. Im a Brit but I'm hpoing its more of an international crowd..guesing it might be with Picotto? I think I wil probably go just because I like Adam Beyer although in hope that he palys a strong set!

I'd say it's mainly Italian but a lot of British and Germans too.

I'd definitely recommend going as Beyer is in the main room- that's where i saw him last time.

If he was playing the Coco Loco, then it might've been a bit iffy as he's not as good when he plays minimal in my opinion.

Check it out - can't go wrong with 25 euro, and not much else on of that like on wednesdays.

I agree about it depending on numbers. I went last year in June and it was a bit empty in the cavern that is Privelege. We found it hard to get in the mood. Although to be fair we were pretty knackered prior to going. :!:

The music was great though, and Picotto was pretty darn great in the pre-party that night too at Itaca!

Cheers guys - think its a must then...opening night as well from what I can gather, so that can only help with the numbers.

I wasnt fussed on meganite in 2007 at all not tbh a great atmos and music was a bit strange at one point there were monkeys screaming for about 5 minutes with no music lol I like my weird confusing dark creepy minimal but that was a bit too weird! One good thing though it didnt get too full and my mate did press ups on the podium with his trousers round his ankles lol

at one point there were monkeys screaming for about 5 minutes with no music lol One good thing though it didnt get too full and my mate did press ups on the podium with his trousers round his ankles lol

ketamine.jpg

It definitely was not the wonkey Neilly lol I have a phone recording to prove there were screaming monkeys !! I will have to stick it on youtube for you haha

I wasnt fussed on meganite in 2007 at all not tbh a great atmos and music was a bit strange at one point there were monkeys screaming for about 5 minutes with no music lol I like my weird confusing dark creepy minimal but that was a bit too weird! One good thing though it didnt get too full and my mate did press ups on the podium with his trousers round his ankles lol
:lol:
Great story!

To put in my 2 cents, I've avoided Meganite because I saw Picotto play here in Moscow a couple of years ago and found him utterly boring. Chris Liebling I have more time for but he abandoned the night a few years ago.

I want to hear that too! I love a bit of weird... but only up to a certain point in the night. If its really late and I'm tired I find it a bit too much and I just have to go home!

If my mate is up for it I will go and happy to report back as test-dummy for the night.

I want to hear that too! I love a bit of weird... but only up to a certain point in the night. If its really late and I'm tired I find it a bit too much and I just have to go home!

If my mate is up for it I will go and happy to report back as test-dummy for the night.

Heres a couple of videos of the nights i was there in '07 and '08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t1Ws-jmLOU

http://www.dancetrippin.tv/lib.cfm/5810/dj_set_episodes_100/SLAM_&_Mauro_Picotto/ibiza

Back