Martin O Neill leaves Aston Villa

I was actually thinking the other day that if Milner goes like Barry did, then he may just walk. Obviously theres more to it. But I reckon thats why hes thrown his toys out.

wow big news 4 days before the start of the season. it's obvious he's been fairly unhappy as of late but didnt think he'd actually walk but fair to him he's obviously not happy with some of the ways the clubs being run and hes had enough, be interested to see how the villa fans react.

Villa fans are some of the worst seen in the premiership.44k one week and then 27k the following.

As for O'Neil, a very overated manager. Everyone goes on about his record at Celtic but he won the same as Souness more or less but no-one creams about him.

Done well for Leicester and got Villa to as high as they can go so they should be grateful. However West Ham should be grateful for him giving them money for Nigel Mediocre and Marlon Deadwood.

Dont get me wrong I wouldn't mind an overated manager at West Ham who would give us 3 consecutive finishes in top 6.
I think O'Neill has done a great job with the resources (apparently) available to him. Any club could do a lot worse than having a manager like him.

I like his enthusiasm too. Seeing the little guy get worked up on the sidelines has always been a sight to behold.

At Villa, I'm sure it just got frustrating working within the constraints he's had in terms of wanting to take the team forward.

I bet Mark Hughes is gutted.

In the papers they might try and poach him. I fookin hope so just to wind up that little twat Al Fayed.

As for O'neill, I think they are pondering letting Young go aswell as Milner, and said he needs to sell to buy, which he didnt previously. So therefore he walked, quite pathetic if so, epsecially with onyl 5 days until the season starts !!

I think O'Neill has done a great job with the resources (apparently) available to him. Any club could do a lot worse than having a manager like him.

I like his enthusiasm too. Seeing the little guy get worked up on the sidelines has always been a sight to behold.

At Villa, I'm sure it just got frustrating working within the constraints he's had in terms of wanting to take the team forward.

Hang on. You tally up how much he has spent. He ain't done badly. His choice to spend it on Sidwell, Nicky Shorey, Luke Young etc.

They would have struggled this year and he has jumped to leave someone else to tidy up the mess and he can still be hailed as messiah.

Don't get me wrong he has done well but he has a fair bit of dough to spend too.

In the papers they might try and poach him. I fookin hope so just to wind up that little twat Al Fayed.

As for O'neill, I think they are pondering letting Young go aswell as Milner, and said he needs to sell to buy, which he didnt previously. So therefore he walked, quite pathetic if so, epsecially with onyl 5 days until the season starts !!

Curbishley done the same thing when West Ham sold Anton Ferdinand and Linda McCartney to Sunderland. Then he had the cheek to sue his boyhood club! The club had to sell to survive not just to spend on transfers but to actually survive but not good enough for old Curbs.

Amazing how no employer has gone near him since. Would you employ someone who would quit when things are tough and then sue you after?

Low budget players and club mate. Not everyone has a sugar daddy to throw money around willy nilly! Villa fans wouldn't appreciate it anyway.

Sidwell was in excess of £5m. Think we got best part of £5m for Mediocre. Shorey should never ever be anyhere near a premiership first team. Luke Young, give me strength. Ashley Young was nearly £10m for a player from Watford who struggled last year. That's over £20m there.

I know it may not seem a lot but it all adds up. O'Neil works well with no money as proven at Leicester and also where he can play his up and at em style.

Squeaky bum time though for a few managers now though knowing his is available. Especially those managing in Glasgow.

Squeaky bum time though for a few managers now though knowing his is available. Especially those managing in Glasgow.

He must have had some sort of offer from another club to walk so close to the start of season.

Hes not they type of person to do anything rash.

I forgot about the £5m he gave us for James Collins too who only plays half a season.

Good defender though. For half a season.

I think he has done as much as he could with Villa though.

A few more. Not much on each player but they all add up and how many have been successful? Freidel was the best signing.

Stiliyan Petrov - Celtic - £6.5m
Ashley Young - Watford - £9.65m
Shaun Maloney - Celtic - £1.1m
Wayne Routledge - T*ttenham - £1.5m
Zat Knight - Fulham - £3.5m
Harry Forrester - Watford - £250 000
Moustapha Salifou - FC Wil - £250 000
Marlon Harewood - West Ham - £3.5m
Nigel Reo-Coker - West Ham - £8.5m
Curtis Davies - WBA - £7.5m
Steve Sidwell - Chelsea - £5.5m
Brad Friedel - Blackburn - £2.5m
Brad Guzan - £1m
Nicky Shorey - Reading - £4m
Luke Young - Middlesbrough - £5m
Carlos Cuellar - Rangers - £7.8m
James Milner - Newcastle - £12m
Emile Heskey - Wigan Athletic - £3.5m

Petrov, Young, Friedel, Guzan, Milner - all good signings.
Others a bit shaky but I'm sure some were signed up as back-up to begin with (Shorey?)

That's 5 good signings you have mentioned out of how many. I mean come on Curtis Davies £7m, Reo-Coker £8.5m jesus wept. Also who is Harry Forester? I have heard of Harry Crumb. Shorey as back up at £4m??

Over £100m spent. Also some of the contacts that have been paid out up there (dunne excess of 60k per week) no wonder old Randy want's to tighten up the purse strings and recoup a bit of cash and what does Saint Martin do for a bit? Leaves them high and dry.

Back