Manumission?

Jonny Litts

Is it just an event or do they get the big name DJ's in as well. I've heard it's the most expensive night, is it worth the money?
Cheers

when i went a few years back it was the same weekly djs with 1 major guest - this guest wasn't announced until the week of the show.

dunno about last year cos i only went to the Radio 1 night but i heard it was just John Kelly & Tall Paul on rotation but cannot confirm this.

usually there is a guest dj

they never really announce their djs, but in prev years it has been john kelly, smokin jo, alfredo

worth going the once just to see the whole spectacle of it but i wouldnt bother going again as the sound system isnt great so you dont really get a feel of what the dj is doing and end up wandering about all night, donno what the obsession with big name dj's is, i suppose its nice to see them on your hols but they dont make a club unless there residents every week and are there for the night to get a feel of what the other djs are playing instead of just swooping in and out for the cash, must sell tickets tho

it's all part of teh experiance

it's the only thing i haven't done,

will try to get round to it this year.

2001 years was not as good as some that have gone before it.

don't know about 2002 as i was not out their last year.

i think it's a must see

If you have got enough Mondays in Ibiza do it once just to say you have done it, DJs can be hit or miss, a few years back I saw Junior Sanchez there but don't go expecting to see any big names. If Alfredo plays he is always blinding and you can't beat it when the sun comes up.

The Carry On @ Space is much much better if you want to get that Manumission vibe going.

another one who likes dancing when the sun comes up, always sends me a bit para :eek: must be related to being back in uk when the sun comes up you know its getting nearer monday morning, better clubbing during the day it can only get darker

Barbie said:
a few years back I saw Junior Sanchez there but don't go expecting to see any big names

Junior Sanchez is very, very good. Would love to see him playing the terrace @ Space this year.... ;)

gecko2 said:
Junior Sanchez is very, very good. Would love to see him playing the terrace @ Space this year.... ;)

Yep, he is another one that seems to have disappeared a bit of late, saw him at Global Gathering last year but apart from that don't know what he is up to these days, anyone know??

Barbie said:
gecko2 said:

Yep, he is another one that seems to have disappeared a bit of late, saw him at Global Gathering last year but apart from that don't know what he is up to these days, anyone know??

He's still around, he played @ Basics in Leeds last Saturday. He hasn't been in Hull for ages though.

So I'll be there for two Mondays... 1st one reserved for Roger Sanchez... For the second, I have to get our flight back to the U.S. at 8am Tuesday morning.... If we went to Manumission early and left early would it be worth it??? Or should I get a few more hours of Roger in???

The place is gorgeous, very big and the best part is the DJ´s playing in the restrooms! haha thats fab, you cant hear what the person next door is doing and that´s quite nice...

I´ve never gone becuz of who´z playing, Ive gone there becuz of the fantastic atmosphere....and the beautiful people....the music mostly sucks, to be honest....but the place is really nice although - like previously descussed - Manumission has lost the plot

hot-bi said:
another one who likes dancing when the sun comes up, always sends me a bit para :eek: must be related to being back in uk when the sun comes up you know its getting nearer monday morning, better clubbing during the day it can only get darker

Too true :confused:

DrewUK said:
hot-bi said:

Too true :confused:

Yay I like your way of thinking hot-bi :D

* Makes note to self to start clubbing on a Saturday afternoon in London in future *

ug! dont think ill pay to go manumission again. Went for my 21st (I wanted to go Cocoon but my bro wanted manumission- even tho we went 2days b4 for the radio1 essential mix!)

Sound system aint the best, tickets was expensive to f*** and everyone bar us were walkin round wiv vip! :x Mondays are cocoon my friend, sven, laurent, richie, carl :):):):) Smokin Jo is damn good but U can lose it at Cocoon. All depends on wot ur after really

I salute u mr sanchez 8) We must meet up for techno madness if were on the island the same time mate.

Anyone seen the line up for bugged out this month? :)

Barbie said:
and you can't beat it when the sun comes up

yeah!! :p

last_to_leave.jpg

roger sanchez.. manumission...
you must be kidding!

cocoon rulez! 8)

//technoboy.

Back