Manumission Closing Party cancelled...need other ideas!!!

1MoreBrightonR

Had a ticket for the Manumission closing party but just got an email saying it has been cancelled. Any recomendations on a night instead? It could be that Friday, saturday or possibly sunday, and not at Priveledge as im going to the Tiesto closing party there. Had a look at We Love Space but the line up really isnt doing it for me. I know it is not all about who is playing...but i need someone to get me excited!

Was thinking pure pacha? or maybe just leaving it till we are there and see what comes up or if we get any good deals when we are there. Thoughts?

Had a ticket for the Manumission closing party but just got an email saying it has been cancelled. Any recomendations on a night instead? It could be that Friday, saturday or possibly sunday, and not at Priveledge as im going to the Tiesto closing party there. Had a look at We Love Space but the line up really isnt doing it for me. I know it is not all about who is playing...but i need someone to get me excited!

Was thinking pure pacha? or maybe just leaving it till we are there and see what comes up or if we get any good deals when we are there. Thoughts?
can you post the email???

Ho ho...very funny. It did make me smile actually :)

Not the most exciting email....(and they did send me another one correcting the venue)

"Dear m s snyder

Privilege & Manumission has just informed us that their party on Sept.
19th has been cancelled. Therefore, we have cancelled your ticket number
xxxx(Ref: xxxx) for Manumission on 19.09.2008 and have refunded
the full amount of 70.00 EUR.

With our deepest apologies.

Best regards,

--
Roberto Domaica
Ibiza Spotlight S.L. & Benidorm Spotlight S.L."

Am now torn...pure pacha looks like the best night but i really want to try amnesia. anyone been to 'People From Ibiza'?

Last edited by a moderator:
... Manumission closing party ... cancelled ...
closingparty cancelled ?
no -
only the date,
not the party:

"...
Manumission closing party
on 12th Sep 2008
from 11:00PM to 6:00AM

A slightly twisted variation on the theme as always involving sex clones,
a drag bar, underwear cabaret, naked mermaids, and a stunning Baby Pin Up
who pulls flags out of her amazing expanding vagina.
Manumission never disappoints and always grabs your attention.

With Jade Jagger hosting the VIP Balcony area with her collections of Jezebels
and assorted celebrity mates, Friday nights in Ibiza are only complete with
a visit to Amnesia this year.
Lineup:
Glimmers, Zane Lowe, Steve Aoki
..."
(manumission.com)

Has it been that bad a season for manumission????

It hasn't been their best largely due to moving to Amnesia and the fact that it's up against Wonderland and Pure Pacha on Fridays. They've been getting a few thousand in each week but nothing of course like their Privilege heyday...

It hasn't been their best largely due to moving to Amnesia and the fact that it's up against Wonderland and Pure Pacha on Fridays. They've been getting a few thousand in each week but nothing of course like their Privilege heyday...

they have struggled.

i'd say they've gone up and down in terms of numbers than most parties.

up and down, ranging from very sparse numbers to packed last night for fatboy.

Are they staying open for ever then? If they're not having a closing party.....

Very funny! Made me laugh out loud, smart arse!

It hasnt been the greatest year for Manu tho has it. I havent been to either the parties at Priv or Amnesia but looking from the outside-in it just looks like Amnesia isnt the right venue, dont think the layout gives them as much space to be as spectacular as they were at Priv where they had loads of space to play with

I actually think Eden would be a more suitable venue, but it isnt as 'glam' as Am. or Priv

Very funny! Made me laugh out loud, smart arse!

It hasnt been the greatest year for Manu tho has it. I havent been to either the parties at Priv or Amnesia but looking from the outside-in it just looks like Amnesia isnt the right venue, dont think the layout gives them as much space to be as spectacular as they were at Priv where they had loads of space to play with

I actually think Eden would be a more suitable venue, but it isnt as 'glam' as Am. or Priv

Privilege was perfect for Manumission and Manumission was perfect for Privilege.
Even if they were to move back there in the future, I'm not sure if they'd pull the numbers that they used to..

Amnesia built the new terrace with Manumission in mind and it's right for them even though they had to drop the numbers by a great deal..

Not sure about Eden.. Where else- Space maybe? After all they used to do the Manumission Carry On in there on Tuesdays.

Yeah yeah very funny, knew I'd get something thrown back in my face - like I said I'm not trying to fool anybody and thats why I said I hadnt been to Manu - just thinking of Eden and thought its a big enough place with plenty of space to play with to do what they do best

Altho, as soon as I posted I thought Space straight away, would be an ideal venue in my opinion

But what do my opinions count for ey?

Ummm...problem

I have tickets to the Manumission Closing Party on Friday September 19th that I bought from a website a few weeks ago.

Lottie's MySpace shows the 19th...so does X-Press 2. However, now it shows the closing being tomorrow on that website, and so does the Ibiza Spotlight Calendar.

What the.......?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Amnesia website doesn't show anything happening on that Friday now and I had my ticket refunded so seriously doubt its happening! I've been well and truly sold on People From Ibiza on the Saturday at amnesia now...can't wait!

wtf is going wrong @ manumission ??
another manu-cancellation:

"...
Demolition ball, The Astoria, London
Six hours that gave the Astoria a fine farewell
Monday, 19 January 2009

Despite months of campaigning, it was the end of London's most-central venue,
which has hosted gigs from the Rolling Stones to Madonna.

The Demolition Ball – which Sam Duckworth of Get Cape. Wear Cape.
Fly organised in just one week in aid of Love Music Hate Racism –
became the event that closed the much-loved Astoria
after the Ibiza club night, Manumission, cancelled.
..."
(http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...molition-ball-the-astoria-london-1419189.html)

wtf is going wrong @ manumission ??
another manu-cancellation:

"...
Demolition ball, The Astoria, London
Six hours that gave the Astoria a fine farewell
Monday, 19 January 2009

Despite months of campaigning, it was the end of London's most-central venue,
which has hosted gigs from the Rolling Stones to Madonna.

The Demolition Ball – which Sam Duckworth of Get Cape. Wear Cape.
Fly organised in just one week in aid of Love Music Hate Racism –
became the event that closed the much-loved Astoria
after the Ibiza club night, Manumission, cancelled.
..."
(http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...molition-ball-the-astoria-london-1419189.html)

Don't worry we can always catch the Manu crew at Eden this summer!

WTF?

:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1258017&postcount=47

Having experienced Manumission at Privlidge it's hard to imagine it really being as good anywhere else, the vastness of the place let them go crazy...and going crazy is what they do best!.
In an ideal world i'd like to see the two back together again, indeed I'd be pushing my way to the front to buy a ticket (..or 2 ) but due to the way they split i cant see it happening.
It seems Manumission has lost it's "MOJO" cancelling the closing party, then not being able to pull off the Astoria gig, and (possibly) no Manumission on Ibiza.... you have to ask.......Is Manumission partied out?

Back