Mancunians? Area51: Manchester Rhadoo / Schumacher: Would you go?

Red

Thinking of going to this, but been putting off going to the club so far since it opened a while back cos of a) its location and proximity to the skanky Locks bars and b) the quality of clientele i usually see trying to get in - albeit then failing a lot of the time and being piled into the back of a police van. Has anyone been?

Whats Rhadoo and Schumacher like music wise? Never seen either of em.

Agentundercover? A spotlight search told me you went earlier last month... any good?

Or there's Micky Slim and Herve at Sankeys... but ive never seen them either...

(here i go talking to myself yet again... how tragic)

rhadoo will play funky minimal. thomas schumacher (if it's him and not his brother michael) plays quite tough techno.

very very underground sound. don't know the club or crowd, but the sound is probably enough to keep away the undesirables.

We had an a51 to not or to decision t'other day. Went against it in the end from peoples opinions alone.

Music & sound meant to be very good - can not comment on DJ specifically, however crowd is a Manc after hours, which is going to be a bit rough. It is the only place playing 'proper' music till 9am

Crowd at Sankeys will be much better, but i bet A51 has the potential to be a bit random!

Skanky locks bars??? Define skanky!

i love area 51, usually a really good crowd and atmosphere.
was in there for herve the other week and t was an awesome night.

Sankeys is defo better but usually only open til 4-5 where as area 51 is open til 9.

As someone who has been to both clubs many times i can certainly say its not rough in Area 51 at all. Its a quality small club. Even has a mini amnesia style ice cannon.
Music is always top and it goes on all night!

Sankeys is probably slightly better but i get bored of going there and it has a tendancy to be full of posers.

Main gripe with Area 51 is the bouncers! they are t*ats! But by a ticket off skiddle and there is nothing they can do!

Good line up over Easter at Area 51. Steve Lawler on Thursday night and Felix Da Housecat on Sunday. I may attend Thursday night!

Warehouse on Saturday though! Cocoon is on!

As someone who has been to both clubs many times i can certainly say its not rough in Area 51 at all. Its a quality small club. Even has a mini amnesia style ice cannon.
Music is always top and it goes on all night!

Sankeys is probably slightly better but i get bored of going there and it has a tendancy to be full of posers.

Main gripe with Area 51 is the bouncers! they are t*ats! But by a ticket off skiddle and there is nothing they can do!

Good line up over Easter at Area 51. Steve Lawler on Thursday night and Felix Da Housecat on Sunday. I may attend Thursday night!

Warehouse on Saturday though! Cocoon is on!

right fair play:p the horses mouth and all.

I did not know fdahcat was on...one DJ I still want to see play a full set, strictly on the basis of ready2wear - one of my fave tracks ever.

May have to actually go sometime and form an opinion of my own!

Iv been going out regularly in Manchester for over 6 years. Tend to stick to Sankeys, Warehouse Project and Paradise Factory when they were open! Never been to Area51. They have had some great line ups but all iv heard is bad news about the place!!

are these places the successors to the likes of "elemental" et al? It shows how long it is since I had a night out in my home town.....Im in danger of having my citizenship revoked! :lol:

are these places the successors to the likes of "elemental" et al? It shows how long it is since I had a night out in my home town.....Im in danger of having my citizenship revoked! :lol:

Last time I was in Elemental it was chockful of Salford and Henry LLoyd. I'm not sure my velvet suit was appreciated!:lol:

Back