Manchester

CruMster

Having never been to Manchester for anything other than an fa cup semi final im not really in the know about places to drink. Me and the mrs are heading to Sankeys for NYE could anyone shed any light on whether there are any bars near there and how far away the Northern quarter is from Sankeys?

Any info at all would be great! Cheers.

Sankeys is about 500m from the Northern Quarter!
Lots of good bars in the Northern Quarter to choose from.

My advice would be take a quick look on a map as you could get lost trying to get to Sankeys as its over a main road hidden away amongst what looks like a load of old warehouses!
(or get a taxi!)

hello there - as your man says, the northern quarter is reet near bye, however you do need a map (or a 3 quid taxi). personally i'd recommend:

Odd
Trof
Commen
Walrus

if you fancy something a bit different / cool - try this place - about 5 minutes walk from northern qtr.

http://www.northpolebar.com/

Its about a half a mile from the Northern Quarter, you head down Oldham Road and turn tight down Radium Street and it's just up there. Some great bars in Northern Quarter in and around Tib Street & Thomas Street. Depending on what time u get there Simple on Tib Street do a great bit of food.

Thanks for all the advice folks! may as well get a taxi from the northern quarter to sankeys if its gonna be quite cheap.... the mrs will moan if she has to walk anywhere :)

One last question - do you normally find it a struggle getting taxis from Sankeys when you leave? We are staying not far away from the MEN arena so i guess a taxi is gonna be the only way back at that time of night?

Thanks for all the advice folks! may as well get a taxi from the northern quarter to sankeys if its gonna be quite cheap.... the mrs will moan if she has to walk anywhere :)

One last question - do you normally find it a struggle getting taxis from Sankeys when you leave? We are staying not far away from the MEN arena so i guess a taxi is gonna be the only way back at that time of night?

no - there are always loads outside.

Back