Malcom McLaren, R.I.P.

Blimey! I did'nt even know he was ill.
Met him a couple of times and I can't say I liked him very much.
But,he did make a difference.....

But,he did make a difference.....[/QUOTE]

What more is there? As said elsewhere, you could completely hate Anthony H. Wilson, but could you say this world isn't far, far better for his existence? Same for McClaren. If I could alter the world similarly, I'd be happy to check out early.

If I could alter the world similarly, I'd be happy to check out early.
Word.

Aside from all he did for music and pop culture, that boutique he opened on Kings Road with Vivienne Westwood at the very beginning of his career continues to supply a notable portion of my missus' wardrobe :!:

But,he did make a difference.....[/QUOTE]

What more is there? As said elsewhere, you could completely hate Anthony H. Wilson, but could you say this world isn't far, far better for his existence? Same for McClaren. If I could alter the world similarly, I'd be happy to check out early.

One would argue that it was Anthony H's binocular vision and often pompousity (sp) that made him even more endearing, same said for Malcolm Mclaren.

Had the pleasure of meeting Anthon H a couple of times, once at the Hac for a secret gig for 2 of his bands (railway children & northside) and also at the Northern College Of Music where he was chairing a book recital by Danny Sugerman.

Anyway back on subject a sad loss, a pioneer of british music/fashion/culture.

everything has been said on here - but the man was so very very clever at manipulating and getting the desired result - he might not have been liked by many but he was respected (albeit grudgingly) by a huge number...

My formative years spent idolising ....

On Wiki its says he died in the states. On Digi Text BBC says he died in a Swiss Hospital.

Do you think he went to that Dignitas place? If he did, I cant blame him if he was riddled with Morris.

The Indy article linked above has been updated (it originally said he was in New York) and somewhat clarifies the issue:

"He died in hospital in Switzerland with his partner, 37-year-old Korean- American Young Kim by his bedside, along with his son Joe Corre. Ms Kim told The Independent: "We were there with him when he passed away. He was diagnosed with cancer in October. He was very active until the end of February when his tumour became very aggressive. He just went very quickly. He said he wanted to be buried at Highgate cemetery. We are now taking steps to try to make that happen."

McLaren had kept his illness quiet. In February he had travelled to New York for the launch of an art book before returning to Switzerland to be treated at a clinic."

Some things to remember Malcolm McLaren by:

* Idi Amin named one of his sons McLaren. Then
again, he had at least 45 children.

* Malcolm once wrote a song for Bananarama
called Don't Touch Me Down There, Daddy.
Sadly, they wouldn't sing it.

* He's survived not only by his ultra-
famous legacy, but little-known musical
gems like this:
http://bit.ly/cTwj2I

* John Lydon once said, "Where is God?
I see no evidence of God. God is probably
Barry Manilow." Let's hope not, for
McLaren's sake.

On Wiki its says he died in the states. On Digi Text BBC says he died in a Swiss Hospital.

Do you think he went to that Dignitas place? If he did, I cant blame him if he was riddled with Morris.

I don't think dignitas or exit, have access to hospitals.

Back