Malaga

Went to Granada in early June and absolutely loved it, way more so than Barcelona or Madrid. Beautiful city, full of contrasts and very walkable. Lots of lovely free tapas. I have a feeling I'll return at some point.

Did a road trip from Almeria round spain few yrs bk and was a big fan of Grenada and a place called Pampaneiras. Hated Almeria and whilst i enjoyed our timespent in Puerto Banus i spent wayyyyy to much money there and it wasnt really my scene.

I hear good things about Seville although not been yet

Yeah, just looking for a Spanish city - good night life, decent grub, Spanish atmosphere (strangely enough!) and a few sites.

Did Barcelona a few years back in April. Enjoyed it, but almost a bit too big - plus the weather was patchy. Malaga should have a nicer climate in April, I think.

Stayed around the Benalmadena/Torremelonos area before and that's the sort of thing we're looking to avoid this time! Shame we didn't actually go into Malaga that time!

Any particular recommendations for sites/bars/clubs? (I've done some basic research, but looking for up to date info.)
Seville is beautiful, has great food and some decent bars, but it gets very very hot in the high season.

Back