Mainly Spanish people in Ibiza?

C

cavill

I was just wondering if there are alot of spanish people in ibiza or is it just mainly tourists from around the world?

the population of ibiza is 105,000 ish
10,000 of them are non spanish immigrants
that leaves 95000 spanish/ibicenco

the maximum number of tourists to arrive in any one week at the busiest time of the year - august - is about 65000.

therefore there are more spanish here than tourists.

In alot of photos i have seen there have been mainly tourist people, that or i dont really have much of an idea on what spanish people look like.

most of them have a lump in the middle with two longer bits sticking out of the bottom and two other bits sticking out of the sides with a roundish lump on top and they talk funny

Tony said:
most of them have a lump in the middle with two longer bits sticking out of the bottom and two other bits sticking out of the sides with a roundish lump on top and they talk funny
I understand the "talk funny" part but the rest.. gah?

just being facetious cavill,

they look just the same as you and i, but normally a bit more tanned ;-)

Haha yeah thats what i thought.
Though i am actually fairly tanned myself so maybe they look just like me? hehe

nish said:
does it matter?
Yes because im obsessed with the spanish culture!
Im learning the entire spanish language before i go to spain and ibiza because i love spanish people, there dancing, there accent, and the spanish girls!! There music is great too!

Dont forget the food!

Not McD's up the West End but proper Spanish Tapas like Patatas Bravas!
Just put meself right in the mood for some grub.

nice :D ! good 4 u mate ;) , thought it was gonna be one of them annoying 'dont get on with spanish or german people' posts then

:p

cavill said:
nish said:
does it matter?
Yes because im obsessed with the spanish culture!
Im learning the entire spanish language before i go to spain and ibiza because i love spanish people, there dancing, there accent, and the spanish girls!! There music is great too!

There's a wide variety of people, cos' this land has been visited along years by many cultures, like Roman, Greek or Visigothic, but as I read once on a history book, inspite of it the bulk of the Spanish people nowadays comes from the native inhabitants before Rome conquest, that is Celtics on the North, Celtiberians on Central Spain, Iberians on the East and Tartessians on the South.

Opposite to what many people think, the arab culture left many buildings and facilities but hardly mixed with christians (it was frowned upon), and after their expulsion when the Reconquest a few remained in their own districts, like the Jews, but they were also expelled by Philip II (Jews were expelled by the Catholic Kings). Both events caused a crack on the Spanish economy.

The barbarians like Visigoths didn't have much influence on the Spanish blood either. They were few in comparison to the entire population but governed Spain for some centuries.

I hope this serves to satisfy your curiosity ;)

Thanks for the history lesson jaja i didnt get any of that.
But i sort of know what you mean.

Tony said:

.... that made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously though, there are many more Spanish on holiday from the mainland this year as they are getting very good deals to make up the shortfall in bookings from us foreigners

Im learning the entire spanish language before i go to spain and ibiza because i love spanish people, there dancing

lol. You've obviously not seen them dance!
I've always noticed that if you dance near them that they always try to copy your moves. Failing abysmally!

stevie starship said:
I've always noticed that if you dance near them that they always try to copy your moves. Failing abysmally!

:lol: I don't think so, that would be people who think they are clumsy. I love how Spanish girls move their body. I don't think we Spanish guys do it so bad, maybe excepting a few like me, hehehe.

Spanish women know how to dance well.
And im mainly talking about the original spanish dancing that they do, not clubbing style.

Back