Madonna & Ritchie confirm Split!

Why is it always the seven year mark that seems to be the testing point of any pairing?

All my friends in long term relationships report a make-or-break struggle at year seven.

They say Saturn works in seven year cycles and there's the age old phrase - the 'seven year itch'.

Hmmm.

More to the point, how the feck is Madonna going to finish the rigorous schedule of a world tour without crumbling under all the pressure? She's on the road till December! :eek:

Why is it always the seven year mark that seems to be the testing point of any pairing?

All my friends in long term relationships report a make-or-break struggle at year seven.

They say Saturn works in seven year cycles and there's the age old phrase - the 'seven year itch'.

Hmmm.

More to the point, how the feck is Madonna going to finish the rigorous schedule of a world tour without crumbling under all the pressure? She's on the road till December! :eek:

we got married on our "7 year itch" - so bang goes that theory :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

it's approaching 8. ;)

(but actually it's over 10 since they met...I was counting married years - oops :oops:)

I still see 7 as a bit of a milestone tho - if you've passed that bit, you're sorted...so you're safe I think Pups.

it's approaching 8. ;)

(but actually it's over 10 since they met...I was counting married years - oops :oops:)

I still see 7 as a bit of a milestone tho - if you've passed that bit, you're sorted...so you're safe I think Pups.

18 years together in total at the end of this month :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dues to Mr Ritchie, he seems a very level headed bloke, which is an olympian achievement given he's been married to that bizarre harpy for all this time.

Apparently he said that she believed she was some kind of "Global Soothsayer" and he said, "that's silly, she's just a pop star" :lol:

Shelley and I celebrated our 10th aniversary this year :lol::lol::lol:

I cradle snatched her on her 18th birthday :lol:, she's now 33:)

Shelley is not a pop star and I'm no actor, possibly helps.....

Congrats PL on the longevity of your partnership:lol::lol:

Congrats PL on the longevity of your partnership:lol::lol:

The way I see it is its "work in progress" :lol::lol::lol::lol: You cant let something as important as your relationship be pushed to one side and taken for granted.... in fact NEVER take each other for granted. That's my policy..... 8)

I'd been with the same girl for pretty much exactly 7 years when I finished with her, bought myself a Mercedes and started going out with a model 10 years younger than me.

That was a proper itch!

(Incidentally, can you have a midlife* crisis at 28?)

*Whatever happened to popular Spotlighter Midlife?

I'd been with the same girl for pretty much exactly 7 years when I finished with her, bought myself a Mercedes and started going out with a model 10 years younger than me.

That was a proper itch!

(Incidentally, can you have a midlife* crisis at 28?)

*Whatever happened to popular Spotlighter Midlife?

Only if you plan to die before 60 I would think.... :confused:

Back