Maceo Plex vs Nina Kraviz

haha! did u see the docu about Nina that sparked this? Was interesting to watch , almost abit sad. tbh tho it was abit of a mariah carey moment when she's suddenly in the bath

haha! did u see the docu about Nina that sparked this? Was interesting to watch , almost abit sad. tbh tho it was abit of a mariah carey moment when she's suddenly in the bath
Nah, I didn't know much about DJs when I was promoting, even less so now! :lol:

Nowt wrong with 'em showing off decent bodies on the record sleeve :twisted:. However .... Maceo has a point - Nina's a terrible DJ who can't mix for toffee and trades her looks for popularity :lol: ... Cassy, however, is a great looking woman as well as being a talented DJ.

Interesting piece by greg wilson, which i generally go along with (haven't bothered to watch the RA film yet though).

my own view is that kraviz is a good dj, nothing spectacular, and her mixing / song choice is alright (her last boiler room set was rather poor IMHO), i've actually only ever seen her dj once, and that was at a festival (Melt!) so bit hard to judge her on that when i was a bit hazy at the time...i do seem to recall i was dancing about anyway to whatever it was she was playing!!:)

what i will say, is that even if she is trading on her sexuality/image to some extent, its not really different from the image & dj 'superstar lifestyle' that say hawtin gives out, lets his fans into by twitter & facebook postings / videos. (who wouldn't want to live richie hawtin's lifestyle? and let's face it, he's not and ugly man is he

when hawtin is in ibiza doing his pool podcasts promoting the next week of Enter, topless and swimming about the pool...is he not also selling sexuality?..its a bit Club Tropicanas video shoot really? but for me i just find it amusing, but never the less he's still an amazing dj/producer/live dance presence, no matter the by the pool antics.

Have you got Hawtin and Morillo confused? Never got that impression from hawtin nearly as much as other big name dj's.

I think the guys giving Nina crap can f**k off.

Aside from being a woman making it in a male-dominated industry, she's also pretty much the top Russian on the international scene right now. More power to her!

This ^. Amen

Have you got Hawtin and Morillo confused? Never got that impression from hawtin nearly as much as other big name dj's.

i was just giving hawtin as an example...morillo / david morales / roger sanchez and numerous other big djs have been doing similar

I think the guys giving Nina crap can f**k off.

Aside from being a woman making it in a male-dominated industry, she's also pretty much the top Russian on the international scene right now. More power to her!

Exactly. Would we be having the same argument if there was a docu with a high-profile male DJ in his briefs, or footage of him having a shower without showing any nudity? Of course not.

the same Maceo Plex who had a track "Under the Sheets"

why doesn't he target the musical charlatans currently peddling crap
rather than someone who might not be your cup of tea but seems dedicated to the music

Maceo has a point. If she wasn't a good looking female she would not be nearly successful. It's not Nina's fault tho, that's just how the world works. If I worked as hard as Maceo did in the studio and behind the booth, I'd roll my eyes at this vid too.

Maceo has a point. If she wasn't a good looking female she would not be nearly successful. It's not Nina's fault tho, that's just how the world works. If I worked as hard as Maceo did in the studio and behind the booth, I'd roll my eyes at this vid too.

... I'm struggling to think of a single female DJ - at least high profile - who isn't attractive. Nina is not the issue, it's the industry.

Back