M&T's Move to Ibiza

This is new, right? Is it another Brexit gift?
Yes. The discount was never really intended for foreign residents, but Spain had no choice, because you cannot discriminate against citizens of other EU countries. With Brits being out of the EU, things are different now. Maybe time for M&T to look for Irish heritage ;)

I understand that years ago, the discount indeed applied to everyone living on the islands no matter the citizenship, but this got tightened following one of the financial crises.

haha yeah right. You gotta be a resident for 5 years nowadays
We had something of a 'mare with this!

Wife and I have had nie for almost nine years, we had issues originally with our children's nie due to non apostled birth certificate. We kind of drifted on without children's nie fir a few years until they were absolutely necessary for school trip. We recently applied for our TIE cards not knowing there was a five year stipulation. Picked our new TIE cards up recently wife and me have permanent, children's are temporary 🙈🙈 Had we known and delayed our initial application by nine days children would have had full TIE. Hey ho :D

Ms. Bennett, I am super curious about Dubai; though I know I'll likely never be able to afford it. Don't you miss being centered in it? I mean Ibiza is small-ish by comparison; just my guess...

Are you enjoying the new surroundings?

Ms. Bennett, I am super curious about Dubai; though I know I'll likely never be able to afford it. Don't you miss being centered in it? I mean Ibiza is small-ish by comparison; just my guess...

Are you enjoying the new surroundings?
I’m currently sat poolside at Pikes, so I’m not going to say that I’ve got any complaints here 😂😂

we miss certain aspects, of course, but we live in Ibiza 🙌🏼

Is the podcast still running? Looked on YT and the latest video was about 7/8 months ago I think?

Yes. The discount was never really intended for foreign residents, but Spain had no choice, because you cannot discriminate against citizens of other EU countries. With Brits being out of the EU, things are different now. Maybe time for M&T to look for Irish heritage ;)

I understand that years ago, the discount indeed applied to everyone living on the islands no matter the citizenship, but this got tightened following one of the financial crises.
Interesting..so if I bring my Irish passport I get get the cheaper rate?

Interesting..so if I bring my Irish passport I get get the cheaper rate?
Only if you are registered as a resident of the Balearics. And I suppose you need to do your Spanish residency papers using the Irish passport and not merely bring the passport to the ticket counter.

Back