Lux Mar "Hotel" Apartments

krimbos12

Me and 3 other guys are going to Ibiza from the 5th of August till the 10th and thinking of staying at Lux Mar or maybe Bon Sol or Squash. Any advice on which to choose from would be great and does anybody know if they have 4 single beds in the one bedroom apartments at Lux Mar or any of the others? Are they spacious enough to fit 4 people?

Also, any advice on where to stay would be greatly appreciated. We're not looking for spending anytime in the apartments or hotels except sleeping but we would like a nice clean and most of all safe place with good door locks.
Thanks in advance

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
The main difference is location,the choice between PDB or Figueretas, I know that some of Lux Mar has very good sea views and some does not (has views of cliff face)

Most times in a one bedroom apt. it is two singles in the bedroom, and either two sofas or a double fold out sofa bed in the lounge area.

Maybe do a google type search with the apt names?

pdb..your way out of the way in Figueretas.at least in pdb you near the action.bars shops ect.don;t worry buses run to ibizatown .1.45 euro every 20 mins.number 14.no its achoice of either Bon Sol or Squash.

I stayed at the LuxMar last year and really liked it and will probably be staying again this year. It's a bit grimy (though perfectly safe) and the pool had salt water in it which wasn't great but it was dirt cheap and we did have a seafront room. To me it was all about location and I though Figueretas was great...10 min walk to ibiza town (my favourite place in Ibiza) and about a 10-15 minute walk to PDB...The only downside with it is it doesnt have a very nice beach. I though PDB was pretty horrible but a lot of people seem to like it and there are obviously a lot more bars and clubs.

My choice is Figueretas,it is a bit rundown in places but I like the 'real' feel it has.
People actually live there all year round and that gives it a different kind of atmosphere to pdb,which is a beach resort pure and simple,sure the beach at Bossa is better and bigger.
If you just want a beach holiday that should be your choice,better restaurants in Fig though.

1MoreBrightonR,did you use the tunnel route into Ibiza town ?

Lux Mar, Paya sol 1 apartments, poseidon 1, playa grande, tur palas, Mare nostrom hotel. Which do you NOT recommend?

I didnt! I kept hearing that there was a good way to walk in to Town but we couldnt find it so just walked along the main road in. Enlighten me for this summer please!

I didnt! I kept hearing that there was a good way to walk in to Town but we couldnt find it so just walked along the main road in. Enlighten me for this summer please!
If you are in the Lux Mar step out of the door and turn left,walk past that car park and keep on going,follow the sea side path up the hill,at the top you go through some bollards,and now it becomes an unmade road, it bends to the left,after a few yards you can see the walls of Dalt vila in front,you come to a surfaced road and you will see the tunnel on the left,zip through there and you are almost at Vara de Rey :)

Lux Mar, Paya sol 1 apartments, poseidon 1, playa grande, tur palas, Mare nostrom hotel. Which do you NOT recommend?
I notice that all these hotels belong to the same chain !
I would'nt recommend or not recommend any of them because I have not stayed in them.
Think you would find them all quite similar though,google some reviews,see what you think,choose which location you fancy.
Having said that,this particular hotel group does seem to shuffle it's clients around at times :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. We tried walking down that road, found ourselves in a residential area and kind of gave up and just cut back on to the main road. Will be nice to take a different route in.

I notice that all these hotels belong to the same chain !
I would'nt recommend or not recommend any of them because I have not stayed in them.
Think you would find them all quite similar though,google some reviews,see what you think,choose which location you fancy.
Having said that,this particular hotel group does seem to shuffle it's clients around at times :rolleyes:

Also, the Luxmar is basically the same as Aprthotel Tropical Garden as they are in the same complex...weirdly though the Aparthotel Tropical Garden gets much better reviews on Tripadvisor even though they have the same locations, reception, prices etc

gps thats the problem.if one hotel is not full they do more you to another.but they sometimes upgrade you to h/b.playa sol 2 is ok.try looking at the algarb hotel as well.you can either book room only b/b or h/b and a/i.but the time you are going its not cheap.

Back