Luciano @ Ushuaia 2/9/09

robbo23

Decided to go down and check this out yesterday....
Did some research before hand and sent a message through facebook requesting an invitation first.
I didnt have time to check a reply but all turned out ok.

Great venue and loved the music etc. Luciano didnt show till after 9pm when it was dark which was a disappointment.
Getting in was fine, went the back way and a bouncer told us to leave and go round the front depite me telling him i was on Joseph's guest list. I asked to shower my feet off at the side and then said i would be on my way. Then he just left me to it so i walked straight in the back way with my 3 friends.
Being in there a while it became evident everyone else had wrist bands, fearing i may be noticed i walked out to the front gate and politely asked for a band and said i had been in the venue all day. At first they declined saying i wasnt dressed appropriately pointing at my vest!
I said i was on Josephs guest list but they didnt check it. Another kind doorman said 'this is how english dress' and the wrist band was applied!
Funny but it worked at least ( i was in long camo shorts and a vest, nothing offensive i though!)

So bands on we left and got some cheap drink down us before returning.

Noticed Sven Vath in the bar upon our return and i approached him for a photo opportunity saying 'Excuse me Sir, i am sorry to bother you but id like you to know Cocoon is my favourite night and i have been every year since 2003! Then i asked if he would have a photo with me.

And he just said 'no' and turned around.

I was a bit miffed by that response! I mean i understand, maybe he didnt want to do a photo cos others would notice and then he'd spend half his night having them done but i thought he might have been a bit more polite!

never mind tho, got a quality pic of him later on!

all in all its a great party, and its free! not difficult to get in either! very easy to sneak in.

turned out i was on the guestlist anyway tho, had a response on facebook verifying it

... Noticed Sven Vath in the bar upon our return and i approached him for a photo opportunity saying 'Excuse me Sir, i am sorry to bother you but id like you to know Cocoon is my favourite night and i have been every year since 2003! Then i asked if he would have a photo with me.

And he just said 'no' and turned around ...
did he wear that silly hat again ?

Sven wouldn't let anyone take a pic of him in Cocoon when he was DJin he would put his hand in front of his face and laugh which is understandable flashes going off left right and centre. He's been doing it so long its bound to be getting on his T*ts by now.. he could have been a bit more polite to you though and said "F off you... Security?!" :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sven vAth is a cockhead!!

aNYWAY!!

when we went to ushuaia for tania vulcano we just walked straight in through the front on the beach no questions asked. we got a drink, went round the back and sat down on the comphy beds. When I saw someone who worked there I said I waS ON joels guesslist his was like " follow me follow me " and took me and my friends by the vip and then I explained to another bouncer I was a friend of Joel and can We come in the vip ( dont ask u dont get) he was fine and took us into the vip there. The 4 of us were laughing sittin int he vip because I said I was friends with Joel. If joel had come over I wouldnt of had an idea who he was haha

Hmm so one need only send a request on facebook for entry? Also as an Englishman how should I alter my attire to satisfy said dickhead bouncers?

most people just seemed to be wearing jeans and t-shirts to be honest. sven was in cut off pants, flip flops and a shirt and he got in fine :)

Hmm so one need only send a request on facebook for entry? Also as an Englishman how should I alter my attire to satisfy said dickhead bouncers?

Where a skirt , some big chicken fillets , bit of make up, nice long big hair should do the trick :twisted:

i would have told sven "mediocre dj" vath to f**k right off. or perhaps i would started singing e`s are good e`s are good its ebenezer good. ha

Dont understand why people say theres a dress code there. My girlfriend was done up but all I had one was 3 quarter jeans and a vest and flip flops. Because we walked in from the beach I wasnt even wearing my flipflops. Maybe we were just lucky but It didnt seem the sort of place you could get knocked back from it was just like Bora Bora,walked right in no questions asked and that was before I bull****ted I was a friend of the managers

Back