LOVEBOX 18th & 19th July 2009

Duran Duran and N*E*R*D headlining Saturday

Groove Armada Sunday with Simian Mobile Disco

Usual suspects of Secret Sundaze and Horse Meat Disco

Birthday weekend for me too8)

Secret Sundaze

Bring your own speakers! :lol:

It's not their fault though - blame Hackney Council.

The past two years have been like this so here's hoping they turn the main stage up a bit!

I was sooo cross last year when the SS area closed with Nomad - I wanna give you devotion...and no one danced! (except a few italians at the front) - because it was barely audiable! :eek:

Grrr.

Scared about what London is becoming. :cry:

Disclaimer: it's still a brilliant city.

Was slight dissapointed last year with this mainly because of two things.

1) the horrendous queues and service at the bar

2) and as mentioned by Robder above the sound levels in the secretsundaze area.

Not sure If i'm going to go this year.

Yeah I agree with you there. You can here everyone rabbitting round you over the music.
Shame.
The police presence there resembles Tottenham away. They have loads of sniffer dogs too. Totally OTT. Dibble loves it, double bubble all weekend, probably day in lieu and gets to perv over all the birds and probably the men too!
Great day out still. Plenty of variety. All the weird and wonderful seem to come out to play too.

£59 to see hasbeen 80s bands, kiddie french electro and be smelt up by some canine busybodies

nice.

pass. :arrow:

Let's not forget about the production values and attention to detail though!

I think Debbie Harry, Sly and Human League etc have been inspired choices. 8)

I reckon it's the best inner city festival there is.

The horsemeat tent is worth the ticket price alone...but that all depends on whether you want to spend the entire day indoors. :lol:

(Christ I miss Cross Central though - I had a real moment about the cross/canvas/key/etc earlier actually :cry:)

Yep. There is enough there to entertain everyone I think.

Horse Meat is good fun just make sure you have your tach early otherwise the queue to get in is ridiculous. They scared me off at the start. Some bloke in denim hot pants, handlebar tach, leather cap and leather waist coat trying to lure me in with don't worry honey we don't bite! :eek: :lol: Great fun. :lol:

Not sure what happened to TDK Cross Central they had said they were gona announce their new venue etc then it just never happened last year

Are the tickets likely to go mad? I quite fancy going this year (never been before). £59 is good as well for the weekend....am thinking just a day might be better though for me personally.

Cant afford to buy any until next Friday though :cry:

And me mate ;)

I'll hopefully be on the white isle, all being ok. 8)

The Sunday by any chance??;) I wouldn't mind be there to be honest but think aiming for a weekend in September.

Emma - It will sell out, always does but should be ok for a while yet. I think you would like it, quite a giggle.

The Sunday by any chance??;) I wouldn't mind be there to be honest but think aiming for a weekend in September.

Emma - It will sell out, always does but should be ok for a while yet. I think you would like it, quite a giggle.

If I can still get tickets next week I am there :lol:

(Christ I miss Cross Central though - I had a real moment about the cross/canvas/key/etc earlier actually :cry:)

I do miss the Key (if not the knucklehead security - being mistaken for a dealer was one of the scariest experiences I've ever had) good soundsystem, great guests + loved the multicoloured dancefloor. The cross, though, was always a bit too mixmag for my tastes. As for bagley's/canvas, went to some good parties there but I always found you would have to walk miles to find a carzy

Yeah it is sunday, how bizzare :lol: You must be telapathic :lol:

What weekend in sptember mate, the closings ?? We're usually there for the WLS closing weeekend if you're about 8)

On another note, Aydin mentioned the other day he's doing more dates this summer, so would be good to tie up with him !!

Yeah it is sunday, how bizzare :lol: You must be telapathic :lol:

What weekend in sptember mate, the closings ?? We're usually there for the WLS closing weeekend if you're about 8)

On another note, Aydin mentioned the other day he's doing more dates this summer, so would be good to tie up with him !!

Weekend round 26th Sept?? Yeah that is what we are aiming for hopefully. Only going to be able to do one party which hopefully be WLS well that is the plan so yeah be good to hook up.

Yeah I saw on the calendar he is out there round that time. I am meeting up with in a few weeks when he is over so i'll speak with him then about it.8)

Weekend round 26th Sept?? Yeah that is what we are aiming for hopefully. Only going to be able to do one party which hopefully be WLS well that is the plan so yeah be good to hook up.

Yeah I saw on the calendar he is out there round that time. I am meeting up with in a few weeks when he is over so i'll speak with him then about it.8)

Its the weekend of the 26th, thought the sunday is the 27th this year.

Back