gaz said:
I noticed a few mention this
if, trafalgar, fruit&veg
rad rice, al mckenzie, rampling
very popular with the amyl

maximus was also ascension on a wednesday, warm up b4 taboo

audrey wetherspoon/bastard bunny/Gurn/fearless and reckless

ring any bells ?

yep never went, but cookie did, and my raving friends that used to go to both the brain & maximus same night, as they loved both. really wished i had gone there. the brain was also very popular on the amyl, thank you very much..*whoops what was that all about* first time i tried it i nearly passed out im sure they must have made it stronger then, as now it surely hasnt that effect. anyway, those were the daze.. :D

gaz said:
did u go to Flying @ ibiza/rimini?
Venus/Most Excellent?

not as far as remember. did go to rimini 90 & 91, but dont think i went to flying (was it flying as in flying records?)not as far as memory serves me. it does ring a bell tho, and most excellent, but dont remember going.

Man, Love Ranch. I loooooved that place. It kicked off just about the same time I did. Happy Happy Happy days ;) ;)

The brain club was weird. There was also a club on Thursdays at the Gardening club i used to go to. Loadsa Hi-Tech hippy types. Not as many as Fraser Clarke's magnificent Megatripolis at Heaven.

rustywoo said:
Man, Love Ranch. I loooooved that place. It kicked off just about the same time I did. Happy Happy Happy days ;) ;)

The brain club was weird. There was also a club on Thursdays at the Gardening club i used to go to. Loadsa Hi-Tech hippy types. Not as many as Fraser Clarke's magnificent Megatripolis at Heaven.

Megatripolis.... OMG I'd forgotten about that place, how mad was that?!

Buckley said:
Flying @ Ibiza/Rimini? I smell leather waistcoats/trousers.........

LOL :lol:

The flying night at the soho theatre club was another good un
Anyone go to fubar at the milkbar?

Buckley said:
Flying @ Ibiza/Rimini? I smell leather waistcoats/trousers.........

:D :D

jon richmond/nick coleman!!!

definitely flying records... write ups in mixmag and i-D

merry england-sean mcluskey indeed

FUBAR- brandon and lisa loud?

>>Bobs full house, Gosh , Bone, Boys Own, Full Circle, Full Monty, Better days, betty ford clinic, Yellow Book, SYT

i went to fubar with brandon block and lisa loud, sunday nights @ the velvet underground, but yes, that was built on the fubar that used to be at the milkbar i think. never went to the milkbar when it was running, but heard massive reports. went to a re-union party of the old milkbar though.

ascendia said:
i went to fubar with brandon block and lisa loud, sunday nights @ the velvet underground, but yes, that was built on the fubar that used to be at the milkbar i think. never went to the milkbar when it was running, but heard massive reports. went to a re-union party of the old milkbar though.

The milk bar was great, it was owned by Nicky Holloway, FUBAR on sundays we're imo the best night. Mondays were Nicky holloways night with £1 drinks :confused: Friday was Glam - Danny Ramplings night where Jon Pleased Wimmin first started djing.

woow, wish i had gone. my boyfriends mates was regulars, but then when it closed nicky holloway opened the velvet underground, and they used to put nights on there, which was quite good. with alfredo, danny rampling, nicky holloway, who used to piss in a bottle when he was dj'ing, and basically all round nutcase/cokehead(then mind, he is 'clean' now apparantly) and runs the trust the dj site dont he?

i remember seeing jon pleased wimmin in full drag(as always back then) at the gardening club, and it was his birthday, and the ceiling was decorated in lots & lots of handbags hanging down. class. ;)

ascendia said:
woow, wish i had gone. my boyfriends mates was regulars, but then when it closed nicky holloway opened the velvet underground, and they used to put nights on there, which was quite good. with alfredo, danny rampling, nicky holloway, who used to piss in a bottle when he was dj'ing, and basically all round nutcase/cokehead(then mind, he is 'clean' now apparantly) and runs the trust the dj site dont he?

Yeah Nicky Holloway used to be a complete nutter, I was at ministry once when he was djing in the bar and he grabbed the mike and just started rambling $hit over the records. Good on him for cleaning himself up though. Velvet underground was a nice little venue, did you ever go to pleased on a wednesday night there?

Back