looking to work the summer in ibiza

tom@shaun

hey everyone, my friend and i are thinking of going to ibiza in the first week of june to hopefully find jobs for the season. were both 22 no commitments at all we will have about £1800 each. just after some advice really will 1800 be enough money is it easy enough to find jobs and acommodation thanks :)

£1800 is fine!

In answer to accom and job, it depends what you're after. Jobs in the west end are easy to get, but do you really wanna work the west end? Apartments should be fine, but maybe not together.

Biggest piece of advice, get yourself to the Ship Inn, top of the westend, all job vac's and apartment vac's are there

were looking to do just about any job that will keep us there for as long as possible.

how long can you stay in ibiza when does the season end?

you need to obtain an NIE number which is the spanish equivalent of our national insurance, you cant work "legally" without it.

You have to apply at the spanish (*cough* bomb shelter *cough*) police station or you can apply through the spanish consulate in London.

me again do you really need a nie number? i mean will it be harder to get a job without one?

or do most people not bother?

Well really you need one because you need to be covered by the spanish nhs. The nice employers (non-westend) need you to have one.

Nice one luke bet thats a quality job would like to do that myself, do you know if theres anymore positions mate?

Been thinking about it like but after last season im a bit cautious on the job front, ridiculous pay of about 50cent a head, By the time id finished that job it was too late to get a good job and had to go home in the end was well gutting but a massive lesson learnt!

Your job sounds perfect mate, Something id really enjoy, Ah well theres always next year and gives me the time to build up more appropriate experience for the job.

i know what you mean lee. i worked the last drop to start with for paco who owns the godfather. miserable git. he never smiled once and although i thought i was on 30E a night when he sacked me he only paid me 20. so i was about 200 light. well gutted. got a contract with my next job round the bay at buccaneros. was much better although 70 hrs a week, was a well sound job. didnt like the hours so left and worked at secret garden for the rest of the season and loved it as you can imagine and picked up 75 e some nights. there was the bad nights at around 20 though. free entry to the club and partying with all the girls after work made it the dream job for me haha.

Yeah i remember paco haha, he owns most of the bars at the top end dont he? I worked at buccaneros aswell round about mid may but quit coz the hours like u did but looking back it was a good job n would of stuck at it if i knew what was going to happen, hated the uniform though!!

i thought it wasnt too bad. ripped most of the t-shirt to bits and made it into a vest. bet you liked the boos tho . i made it back to hers twice but was too drunk or wrecked to remember both times oh dear i think it was good tho he he. candice went travelling roun the world after buccanero's. think she is back this year

Back