Looking to move!

JamieBoulton

Hi all,

Sorry I’m sure this subject has been discussed millions of times but would just like some clarity in one place.

I’d love to to move out the Ibiza in 2022. However I have the below questions if people can help?

• How does this work following brexit?

• Is the best way to work working as a nomad remote worker? Do you need the working visa for this?

• Realistically what’s the price of a 2 bed apartment to rent? Getting different prices on different sites.

• How do visas work now and are they harder to get post brexit?

Thank you,
Jamie

So all the stuff I can answer

• I work completely online. I am (almost) a resident, and I am autonomo (freelance) here.
  • Apartments can realllllllly vary in price. We found ours on Idealista. Also, the prices will vary based on the month you're looking at the site.
Brexit stuff confuses me, so I'll stay out of that...

So all the stuff I can answer

• I work completely online. I am (almost) a resident, and I am autonomo (freelance) here.
  • Apartments can realllllllly vary in price. We found ours on Idealista. Also, the prices will vary based on the month you're looking at the site.
Brexit stuff confuses me, so I'll stay out of that...
Hey,

thansk for the details, if you don’t mind me asking, do you work like nomad? If so where do you get the work from? Sorry to get all personal!

Hey,

thansk for the details, if you don’t mind me asking, do you work like nomad? If so where do you get the work from? Sorry to get all personal!

Not really sure what 'nomad' means exactly. But I am a social media manager, strategist and content creator (along with some copywriting as well) and I have clients here in Ibiza, in the UK and in the UAE. A lot of my work comes from word of mouth, and a tinsy bit of self-promotion. I've even had clients through this forum and our YouTube channel. Really quite interesting how things come in.

If your looking to work remotely you can get a non lucrative visa, which allows you to stay in Spain and work remotely.
You have to spend over 183 days a year for it to roll over and can apply for a work visa on the 2nd year and full residency after 5years.
You need to prove you have min 27k in the bank to cover average costs for a year or earn a monthly rate over average 3k a month, but add an additional 500 per month on each dependant on the visa.

Can probably gather I'm going through all this at the moment, it's a mind field. I work on a rotation in the UK and will continue to pay UK taxes so that should help my cause

If your looking to work remotely you can get a non lucrative visa, which allows you to stay in Spain and work remotely.
You have to spend over 183 days a year for it to roll over and can apply for a work visa on the 2nd year and full residency after 5years.
You need to prove you have min 27k in the bank to cover average costs for a year or earn a monthly rate over average 3k a month, but add an additional 500 per month on each dependant on the visa.

Can probably gather I'm going through all this at the moment, it's a mind field. I work on a rotation in the UK and will continue to pay UK taxes so that should help my cause
I'm going to work remotely as a writer at uk essay writing service Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Last edited:
I'm going to work remotely as a writer at uk essay writing service Thanks for the detailed explanation.
No probs, however thats old news now. They are no longer issuing non lucritive visas to remote work. There is a new visa called a digital nomad visa going through parliament now and should hopefully be rolled out in September 22. Im having to wait for this.

Last edited:
Following on from something 2H76 wrote in the travel thread, in this post-Brexit era, if you're British and moving to anywhere in Spain, make sure you have a regular income OR a lot of cash in the bank + private health cover. All of which you can prove at the border. Helps too if you know people with a fixed Sp address. This will apply if for whatever reason you haven't been able to get residency. We kind of feared it was coming but I didn't realise that even if you do it by the book and return only AFTER the '90 day' rule, the Spanish/EU border will still be suspicious of 'tourists' coming and going and will ask a lot of questions about finances, intentions, relationships and will ask you to prove you're in a relationship (if unmarried). This might mean them going through texts, emails, photos, videos. It's very intrusive. And entry is strictly discretionary. Expect in worst case scenario to be shouted at and treated like a criminal esp if you're over 40 and 'expected' to be in a formal relationship and stable employment (rather than a freelancer..) and detained for hours in an airless waiting room. And to possibly be deported if they don't believe or like the look of you. It's a horrendous situation for any unmarried couple with different legal statuses so don't make the mistakes we made and do all the prep beforehand....

Following on from something 2H76 wrote in the travel thread, in this post-Brexit era, if you're British and moving to anywhere in Spain, make sure you have a regular income OR a lot of cash in the bank + private health cover. All of which you can prove at the border. Helps too if you know people with a fixed Sp address. This will apply if for whatever reason you haven't been able to get residency. We kind of feared it was coming but I didn't realise that even if you do it by the book and return only AFTER the '90 day' rule, the Spanish/EU border will still be suspicious of 'tourists' coming and going and will ask a lot of questions about finances, intentions, relationships and will ask you to prove you're in a relationship (if unmarried). This might mean them going through texts, emails, photos, videos. It's very intrusive. And entry is strictly discretionary. Expect in worst case scenario to be shouted at and treated like a criminal esp if you're over 40 and 'expected' to be in a formal relationship and stable employment (rather than a freelancer..) and detained for hours in an airless waiting room. And to possibly be deported if they don't believe or like the look of you. It's a horrendous situation for any unmarried couple with different legal statuses so don't make the mistakes we made and do all the prep beforehand....
Sounds like a nightmare.

Im holding out for the digital nomad visa, supposedly being roll out in September. Im moving with kids so needs to be done by the book for schooling etc

It would be a dream but I don't have my hopes up too much, Spain loves forms, signatures and stamps instead of simple online forms like some countries, said visa will probably involve a visit to the embassy on the 2nd Tuesday after Full Moon for a stamp on your form ;) :)

Back