Londonites Pub Question Please!

Angie24

Looking for somewhere for a work's Christmas do (just 6 of us). Office close to Tower and trying to find somewhere cheap n cheery for food and beers. Only option at the mo is All Bar One - any other suggestions :)

Looking for somewhere for a work's Christmas do (just 6 of us). Office close to Tower and trying to find somewhere cheap n cheery for food and beers. Only option at the mo is All Bar One - any other suggestions :)

Best place for food and beers around there is http://www.bodeansbbq.com/towerhill/

Ridiculous amounts of decent ribs etc for stupidly cheap prices. My mate owns the chain but I promise you it's not nepotism.

Best place for food and beers around there is http://www.bodeansbbq.com/towerhill/

Ridiculous amounts of decent ribs etc for stupidly cheap prices. My mate owns the chain but I promise you it's not nepotism.

My work mates love it here - I am waiting for them to take me one Monday night, apparantly there is good offers on a Monday?

There are some bars and eating places over St Katherines Dock, Prohibition is good, think they do happy hour too. Or Pitcher and Piano or one of the many Slug and Lettuces. The one on America Sq is pretty big and plays good music, always a good atmosphere.

Well the handmade margaritas have swung it for me, and it's just across the road from the office and around the corner from my hotel :D

One person in the party who I am sure may not see it as posh enough, but I think it looks great, and should win me brownie points for not spending too much money!!

Thanks for the help 8)

I've been to the one at Fulham Broadway and can vouch for some tasty eats! 8)

I keep meaning to make it to Tuesday 1/2 off steak night but never seem to get around to it when I'm in town...

I've been to the one at Fulham Broadway and can vouch for some tasty eats! 8)

I keep meaning to make it to Tuesday 1/2 off steak night but never seem to get around to it when I'm in town...

Next time you're in town big man - on me. Danielsan too.

No margaritas :cry: seems it was just a promo that they weren't doing anymore. Anyway, had fantastic fire-kissed shrimp to start and a cheese and jalepeno burger which was yummy :)

Fits perfectly the cheap n cheery - our waiter was an ageing rocker, with the best gravelly voice EVER :lol: Not a la carte but would definitely go back to try the chicken wings n ribs, although I have been told Clapham is the best for the wings!?

Thanks for the recommendation - after 2 drop outs, our 4 became 6 by 8.30!!! So myself and fellow Scot who had made the journey were left with no option but to drink cocktails for us all in nearby Assembly 8)

Glad you enjoyed Angie - I'll send Michael (the owner) your positive feedback. Service good as well as the food?

fave boozers in London Town (cut out and keep, kids ;) )

no time today to get into details but check these out whilst you can before the tesco/whetherspoons wnkrs get their tentacles on them...

montague arms (new cross) - MAD! old ladies serve at the bar, dub music in background, stagecoach in the corner driven by horseheads, a taxidermist's psychedelic fantasy
three blind mice (shoreditch) - tiny basement, intimate, loud, jazzy
griffin (shoreditch) - proper old raver's boozer
old blue last (shoreditch) - not sure if they still do them but this was the messiest aftersession in town - a chaos pub (if that's your scene) (see also The Dolphin, Hackney)
horse & groom (shoreditch) - THE pub du jour
lock tavern - rooftop (chalk farm) - not as cool as it was 5 years but they still get good names in; demon roasts too
star of bethnal green - formerly horible indie dive the pleasure unit; now home to some wicked parties
the prince (brixton) - DEX is upstairs - quality parties on the right night; hot tub on a rooftop anyone?
the roebuck (richmond hill) - the most amazing views in town
the ten bells (spitalfields) - lovely post-work hangout pre/post curry, shame about the rest of spitalfields tho..
the castle (farringdon) - ultimate pre-club pub - where you go pre-fabbers

there's a couple in Angel, one on borough market and a load more around hoxton I quite like but memory's hazy

Last edited by a moderator:
fave boozers in London Town (cut out and keep, kids ;) )

montague arms (new cross) - MAD! old ladies serve at the bar, dub music in background, stagecoach in the corner driven by horseheads, a taxidermist's psychedelic f

Best Pub in the world bar non!

Glad you enjoyed Angie - I'll send Michael (the owner) your positive feedback. Service good as well as the food?

Yep, our grey haired cockney rocker type dude was wicked 8) Also good persuasian to get pint instead of half and giving recommendations on beer types - thumbs up!

Back