London...

trestrazos

Hi people from english forum... I'm from spanish forum and sometimes I read you...
I'm going to London in three weeks, and I thought that your advice can be the best one.

I'd like to know: places most important to visit, where to go in Candem?, interesting museums, concerts, places, Ministry or Fabric?, good music shop...

I'm going to stay in London one week next to Hyde Park.

Thanx a lot. :D

What dates are you in London for??

If you want to see all the tourist things and see lots of London the best thing to do is one of the Tourist buses, they take you to all the main tourist attractions and you can get on/off when you want.

If you're in Camden there is the Market but it's not the best market -I'd go to Spitalfieds or Portobello Markets over Camden Market. The Lock Tavern in Camden is a really good pub - does fab roasts on Sundays and good food the other days and they have DJs who play really eclectic stuff.

Go for a wander around Brick Lane/Hoxton/Shoreditch (East London) - lots of nice little bars/restaurants and one-off vintage shops, also Spitalfields Market is there. The Big Chill bar on Brick Lane is a nice way to spend an afternoon - does good food and various DJs.

Similarly Notting Hill is nice to wander around and if you go at a weekend you can combine it with Portobello Market.

More centrally, Soho has a good mix of one-off shops, record shops, bars and restaurants.

Avoid places like Leicester Square and most of Oxford Street cos they are full of tat.

Re clubbing what kind of music are you into cos that will help in club suggestions??

Check out some traditional English restaurants, a visit to London isn't complete without fish, chips and mushies - my fave are either Geales in Notting Hill or Randall & Aubin in Soho.

The National History Museum and the Tate Modern are 2 of the most popular museums/galleries.

One thing to remember is that London is HUGE, rather than knacker yourself out trying to do everything it's probably best to plan each day so eg one day spend doing the traditional touristy stuff, one day in East London, one day in West London etc.

You're staying really central in Hyde Park (you're close to Knightsbridge, Park Lane and Oxford St) but you'll need to use public transport and public transport for tourists is a rip-off in London. The best thing to do is get an Oyster card when you arrive (you pay a depost to get one, I think it's £2) and then put say £20 on there when you arrive and then use that for tubes and buses. It works out MUCH cheaper than buying single tube fares every time you want to hop on a tube.

If you let us know more what you're into then we give some more specific suggestions.

Hope that helps :D

Wonderful Barbie... :lol:
Mikkak said you'll help me sure... ;)

I like minimal and techno music...
The dates: 21-28 March.

I have to try to plan everyday like you said... this two weeks it'll be my job. :!:

Thanx darling.

I have to try to plan everyday like you said... this two weeks it'll be my job. :!:

Thanx darling.

Well you are in London for Easter weekend which is just the best weekend ever for stuff going on :D

This is a good website for club listings http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/london/2008/mar#Day20080302 All clubs will be really busy this wkend so you may want to buy tickets in advance - you just pick them up on the door by showing your credit card.

If you're into techno/minimal, Fabric may be your best for Saturday night:

fabriclogo.gif

Sat 22nd Mar 08
10:00pm - 10:00am

£16 (£12 nus & fabricfirst)
Advance tickets available from TICKETWEB: Buy Here

Room One:
Richie Hawtin
Magda
Gaiser (Live)
Room Two:
Adam Beyer
Marco Carola
Rebekah Aff
Room Three:
Troy Pierce
Craig Richards

Also keeping on the minimal tip, there is Circo Loco @ The End on Easter Sunday http://www.endclub.com/node/20816

Turnmills is also closing for good that wkend so it has got big line-ups Friday, Saturday and Sunday (I think tickets may have all sold out for this one now) www.turnmills.co.uk

Ask away with any questions you have, I don't get on here that much now so feel free to e-mail me at barbie1976@gmail.com ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx again!! I'll mail you sure... ;)

I've just seen that party on 22nd March on parties posts here!! Incredible line-up! :lol: :lol:
This will be a memorable travel!!

If you also like football most pubs will show La Liga games on their TV's so no need to panic :D

Hey, tickets for Fabric on 22nd are sold out... :cry: No way??

They will hold some tickets to sell on the door but you'll have to get there really early. If you really want to go the best thing is to go to one of the bars close by and keep an eye on the queue and get in it early.

They will hold some tickets to sell on the door but you'll have to get there really early. If you really want to go the best thing is to go to one of the bars close by and keep an eye on the queue and get in it early.

Could you know aprox. what time?? At what time they open?

Could you know aprox. what time?? At what time they open?

The only time I've been to Fabric without a ticket the club opened at 9pm and I got in the queue about 8.45pm and was in by 9.15pm.

If you don't mind going out early then I'd go to one of the bars close by at about 8pm and just keep an eye on the queue building up.

Yes be there for 9 and you should be ok . If you cant get in go to CircoLoco at The End on Sunday. There are daytime parties on saturday and sunday at Public Life , its in Shoreditch , East London . Also Cafe 1001 has techno/minimal on saturday/sunday afternoons and is very international , mostly italian and spanish

Thanx darling.

Don't forget 23rd Easter Sunday at Koko Swedish House Mafia Axwell and the chaps! ;):D

What's on in London this Fri?

What bars do all the cool kids ;) go to these days then? Haven't been down since before i went traveling so a bit out of touch.....

If u wana hang out with Boys in girls jeans and fashion students go to The Old Blue Last in Shoreditch , its owned by Vice Magazine , if you've read it you'll know what to expect

I'm so excited with Fabric... M_nus is my party!!! :lol: Any party after Fabric?? 8)

When the music starts to play... I'm insaciable...

Hello people... please I need some advice about live music in Camden... I love jam sessions specially...

Thanx in advance... ;)

Hello people... please I need some advice about live music in Camden... I love jam sessions specially...

Thanx in advance... ;)

There's loads of live music places in Camden - am not sure of listings but check out the websites of the following and you'll see what's on the week you're here ;)

The Dublin Castle
The Bull and Gate
Fusilier & Firkin
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Bartok
Jazz Café
Bar Vinyl
Dingwalls

Koko
WKD
Underworld
The Monarch/Barfly