London NYE

I think it was Bubble that said Space are at The Cross (Space were at Pacha last year and I had blinding night and they do other one-off parties, always a good night).

I assume Ministry are going to be back at the Dome.

Heard nothing about Pacha, The End, Turnmills etc yet. It's still quite early, expect to hear line-ups from end of Oct/beginning of Nov.

Barbie said:
I think it was Bubble that said Space are at The Cross (Space were at Pacha last year and I had blinding night and they do other one-off parties, always a good night).

I assume Ministry are going to be back at the Dome.

Heard nothing about Pacha, The End, Turnmills etc yet. It's still quite early, expect to hear line-ups from end of Oct/beginning of Nov.
hey babs how u sorry i never met yees
on hols wish i ad seems yees ad a
blinding time any ways wats dat dome like
nye any good cheers keitho

KEITHO said:
hey babs how u sorry i never met yees
on hols wish i ad seems yees ad a
blinnding time any ways wats dat dome like
nye any good cheers keitho

I'm good thanks, had a fab time, hope you did 2 :D

I've never been to Ministry @ the Dome on NYE, the first year they did it (2001) was meant to be a bit of an organisational shambles (queueing for cloakroom, toilets, drinks tokens etc :rolleyes: ), last years was much better organised and people seemed to have good time.

It's never appealed to me personally cos of the size of the event (imo big events are for summer not winter) but 1000s of people have been to them and the line-ups are normally pretty good.

Depends what you're after really, everything else in London tends to be 'club-based' so if you're after a big event then Ministry will be your best bet.

i am, bigger the better, never been to london on NYE, usually just local and it's always cr*p, so big big NYE this year!!

nice 1 ta ad a good hol could ave been better
cheers ta :?:

ruth said:
i am, bigger the better, never been to london on NYE, usually just local and it's always cr*p, so big big NYE this year!!

Ok when I hear anything about Ministry or elsewhere I'll keep you informed :D

I was at Ministry at the Dome the first year they did it (2001) and it was a complete shambles. It put me off big events completely. It also didnt help that it was one of the coldest nights ever in the UK!!!
The whole system they had for getting drinks was a joke. You had to queue to buy tickets for drinks and then had to queue for the bar. The problem was that there was only about 3 booths selling tickets with 2 or 3 people in each booth. All this for over 40,000 people.
Also, they only had two sets of toilets for all these people too, so it ended up with huge queues and I was involved in a huge crowd crush where people got trampled on, all going to and from the toilets.
I could go on about more things....but I think you get the picture.
I heard mixed reports about last year. Some people said it was brilliant and some people awful but all in all I dont think it was as bad as 2001.

Barbie said:

Should be able to give you an inside line on this shortly...........

I went ministry for 2000 nye, mainly cos I got free tickets. A diddnt like it one bit, and to stay in the d&b room to keep warm it was so cold..

went the cross last year and had a blinder, no que, no hassle, and nice outside sofas :D

Ministry @ the Dome is total poo. Me and Jonathan (lynch) went 2 years ago and it was a total shambles! The sound system was not suitable for the main room, it could not cope with a room that size, it some places you could hardly hear it. Not to mention it was one of the coldest nights of the year, and the dome is such a huge place it just never warms up. The staff resorted to handing out those silver foil blankets because people were literally passing out from the cold (and other stuff!).

And I got the worst flu I've ever had form that event! Not god coz it totally ruined my birthday which was on the 5th Jan!

NEVER AGAIN!!! :evil:

ruth said:
Anyone know of anything good going on??

dont know about this year but had a fab time at The End last year. nice club, good music, friendly crowd (espec. in the ground floor bar)....and
no big ben.
it was fab!

Back