London Nightclubs

Saturday night at Fabric is a must. The music is of the hightest quality, maninly tech/electro/tranceytechno style in three rooms. nice comfy chill area. Also, the door staff are tops.

Try to get there closer to twelve than one as the queues are smaller.

Fabric is my favourite club in Lahndahn

I'm not from London (as prev) ... But in my opinion TurnM - the best club in ze city.... Its cosier... As to Cross, itz shared into 3 parts in each playin' differnt muzik (for example in 1-st Seb F., in 2nd RnB, in 3-rd still something) choose on yr taste!.... But Cross - too big hangar.... funny but not so cosier as TurNmls

Still torn...

This was supposed to be my quiet weekend. I went to bed at 7:30am after a brilliant night at Spirit here in Dublin. The place has really turned the corner - they played all the serious Ibiza anthems. Also, peak tourist/student season made for a much more cosmopolitan crowd. Very fun.

Anyways, still don't know what I am going to do on the Saturday. Fabric seems worth a look for the venue alone but my tastes are on the housier side of the equation (not a fan of trance) which makes me think I might like the music more at Kinky Malinki.

Re: Still torn...

djcherni said:
This was supposed to be my quiet weekend. I went to bed at 7:30am after a brilliant night at Spirit here in Dublin. The place has really turned the corner - they played all the serious Ibiza anthems. Also, peak tourist/student season made for a much more cosmopolitan crowd. Very fun.
Anyways, still don't know what I am going to do on the Saturday. Fabric seems worth a look for the venue alone but my tastes are on the housier side of the equation (not a fan of trance) which makes me think I might like the music more at Kinky Malinki.

Alright djcherni!! No tips 4 London, sorry! am in Dublin 2 - hoping 2 head 2 spirit myself next w/e- love the place but don't get there near enuff. Cous over from UK next w-e, so reckon a visit is on the cards, can't wait!!!

djc, i think i met you in ibiza two weeks ago too!! I was down in Es Vive a couple of times where i had friends staying and also met the lovely barbie. But think I met you in Space carry on Thursday morning.....I was with a guy who runs a club in London. I remember you because you said you were Canadian and living in Dublin. Im from Dublin too but live in London.

To London? Haven't been for AGES, silly really cos mega cheap flights from time to time and would love it. Will be over before the end of the year, but prob not till Oct bank holiday weekend - am off to Frankfurt at the end of this month (shopping - woo hoo) + Ibiza in sept, fingers crossed. U heading to Ibiza for the closings? Get back to Dublin much?

Try to get back to Dublin about 4 times a year. Heading back at the beginning of September for the Ire v Russia Euro 2004 qualifier.
Heading out to Ibiza for closing parties on 24th September for a week with a big group of people and we are renting a villa. Cant wait.

Hello - again?

Spunkymonkey - very well may have met you on Thursday morning... was in a pretty sad state at that point in my "night".

I feel quite badly as I even forget the names of your mates from London staying at the Es Vive (whom I chatted to several times - most of which involved them teasing me about neck wounds inflicted by a female Spanish "vampire" at Manumission). Our conversations went something like this:

Witty London lad: "Perhaps you should have taken her out for dinner first..."
djc: <unfunny, mumbly Canadian reply>

It has to be City Loud at Turnmills this Saturday - Jazzy M in room 1 and Seamus Haji in Room 2 - excellent ;) - seeing Jazzy in Turnmills is always a good night, great club too!

I have to say I was at the Cross last Saturday to see Morrillo. What a nightmare! :x Been in the past and had a great time.

They let in far too many people - dangerously so. The sound system was struggling in all rooms; whilst he was playing (not the best set either) we could hear the music from the room next door! Really let down and feel no way about heading off to the Cross in the near future.

Pacha, Turnmills or MoS would be a good call. Pacha have their new night on Fridays now - Urbandeluxe - DJ Paulette :D is playing in room 2 - great dj - she rocked the bar at MoS a while ago.

Kang said:
I have to say I was at the Cross last Saturday to see Morrillo. What a nightmare! :x Been in the past and had a great time.

They let in far too many people - dangerously so. The sound system was struggling in all rooms; whilst he was playing (not the best set either) we could hear the music from the room next door! Really let down and feel no way about heading off to the Cross in the near future.

Pacha, Turnmills or MoS would be a good call. Pacha have their new night on Fridays now - Urbandeluxe - DJ Paulette :D is playing in room 2 - great dj - she rocked the bar at MoS a while ago.

Heard nightmare stories about The Cross on Sat, contemplated going but knew it was going to be rammed and I've since been told people were queueing for an hour to get into the main room to see Erick and it was stupidly hot :rolleyes:

And he's off...

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and reviews...

Land at LHR at 8ish... probably go for drinks first - not sure where yet (we are staying just off Oxford Street near Tottenham tube) then off to The Gallery @ Turnmills (unless I come up with a better idea before I leave work 8) ).

All of this bad news about the Cross is a little disconcerting. We are on the guest list for Kinky Malinki @ PachaLondon for Sat but this could change...

Fingers crossed for a couple of great nights.

Feel Kinky Malinki will be a good bet. ;)

The Cross used to be a superb club, so did the Ministry once upon a time. The last time I went to Ministry was in 99, and that was for the first time in ages and a 'private' party, and The Cross......... last time I went was the opening, of their refurbishment.

Used to go to the Enigma/A-list parties there.... Space. Very superb 8)
They still have their Space parties there, but only a couple of times a year. Well worth a visit.

Back