*** London Marathon 2012 ***

I have no doubt in my ability to run it and will look forward to the training, as i do know some people who are seriously fit beyond belief :eek: who im sure will really push me....

Really need to think of a charity :confused: havent had anyone close to me die / suffer with any serious illness's *touch wood* so hence why i am slightly overwhlemed with possible options...

I went to sign up yesterday but saw there was a fee to be paid and basically i am poor until Friday so didnt go any further...how much is the joining fee ?!

You don't pay unless you get accept, just make sure you tick the correct box.

There are two drop down options, If I recall if is the lower one you need to tick.

Only you can decide the charity, at the end of the day they all probably do great work in there own field so just have a read up about the work etc they carry out.

If you don't get London have a look at the Brighton Marathon, me and another Spotlight member ran it and it is a wicked event, well worth a try.

Right...ive applied...bring on October 8)

Sooo hope i get accepted, that would actually, sadly mean alot to me if i do :D

I have gone from not knowing what charity to now wanting to earn money for a fair few :eek:

Cancer is a big one for me - esp prostate, as my dad and someone else i know have had it :( but also NSPCC, Children are a big thing to me, esp cancer in children, so i think i might just have answered my own question 8)

When i said she would have 12 months to raise the money i was basing that on the fact she could get a guaranteed Gold Bond place from a set charity so she would definitely get a place in the marathon which is what i did.

If you do get a place through the ballot then there is no pressure on raising money for a charity because you don't have to, just most people choose to.

If i didnt do any form of excercise or had the fitness level of a tree i would defo need a year to prep for this, so i will hold out till October then once ive got the answer i will have atleast 6 months to get myself that bit more fitter 8)

*fingers crossed*

I will be doing it on my own aswell, major :D

I think doing it and training for it on your own is better, unless you can find someone who has exactly the same fitness levels / time goals as yourself it's not worth it.

If you just want to get round then it isnt an issue.

I think doing it and training for it on your own is better, unless you can find someone who has exactly the same fitness levels / time goals as yourself it's not worth it.

If you just want to get round then it isnt an issue.

I know just the person who can get me into shape for this, he nearly killed me a few weeks ago with a 'normal' 7 mile run...problem there was he ran at a quicker pace, and it was raining which didnt help me lol....he then tells me, when we get back and i thought i was chuffing un-fit.....

'I joined ther Maidstone running club and smashed all their records in 2 weeks'

That explained his sickening fitness levels

:lol:

I'd apply asap Vic. I did mention it yesterday on the spotlight running club post that the ballot had opened. I did expect it to close the same day as it did last year but it hasn't as of yet.

http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/marathon-centre/enter-virgin-london-marathon/

I did the LDN Marathon in 09 after getting a last minute place in the Jan through charity. I had to raise a minimum of £2000 which ended up being alot easier than i thought due to amazing friends & work colleagues being generous.

It's all about motivation, if you really want something enough...you'll get it done.

Well gotta hand it to London for having the shortest ballot application window. Looks like the cap in hand route, I hate asking for sponsorship.

Back