London Clubs To Re-Open

Yes I heard this a while back about a certain couple of venues...

The End - they approached Layo to take it back due to lack of funds to renovate (we love the recession :lol:) but he said no and some other bloke is about to temporarily turn it into a sh!t leicester sq style club. Tragic really.

I don't want to say what the other one is just in case i jinx it. :lol:

(please say it's true!)

The End - they approached Layo to take it back due to lack of funds to renovate (we love the recession :lol:) but he said no and some other bloke is about to temporarily turn it into a sh!t leicester sq style club. Tragic really.

(please say it's true!)

that's what I heard too

never mind, at least east village is on fire right now - saw the master swordsman last night - fierce! Very busy too.

and I hear CABLE is gonna be a very strong club with split house/techno/disco rooms

End was always gonna reopen as a cheesey venue for quick £ before anything else happened to it i thought?

that's what I heard too

never mind, at least east village is on fire right now - saw the master swordsman last night - fierce! Very busy too.

and I hear CABLE is gonna be a very strong club with split house/techno/disco rooms

Hmmm - east village.

Pleb central.

Went to KissMyBlackAss which is my fave night there but the crowd was just TERRIBLE. Lots of beer boys clambering all over each other on the stage taking photos - embarrassing. :lol:

Shoreditch is dead...long live Dalston.

Hmmm - east village.

Pleb central.

Went to KissMyBlackAss which is my fave night there but the crowd was just TERRIBLE. Lots of beer boys clambering all over each other on the stage taking photos - embarrassing. :lol:

Shoreditch is dead...long live Dalston.

that's a real shame - apart from some idiots who got in the first time I went - at the chateau flight party, I've generally experienced nothing but love - in keeping with Patterson's underground policy. Thursdays are esp good I find as you get the true believers and not the after-work crew. The sound/lights were ACE last night too.

you're right about dalston - although visions isn't quite there yet for me. I love the seediness of the russian bar and melange next door - not sure it has a future tho - thanks to arsehole neighbours and an increasingly autocratic Hackney Council

another venue I really like is LIFE - the little japanese basement on clerkenwell rd - loads of nooks and crannies downstairs - I think Peterson is doing midweekers there now

tis all about the East End tho - heading to brixton DEX tonight for some house reunion but brixton's lost it, imo

I don't like east village. crowd are a bit rubbish, and isn't it only on till 4? please...

agree that dalston is having a moment - loco dice under 300 at the hackney supermarket was amazing, best night out in london for a long time. :D

also looking forward to Cable as it's on my street. hmmmmm. that could be dangerous!

hmmm any news on turnmills then?

On second thoughts after the best ever closing party which will go down in living memory, I'm not sure I want the memory to be tarnished :confused:

hmmm any news on turnmills then?

On second thoughts after the best ever closing party which will go down in living memory, I'm not sure I want the memory to be tarnished :confused:

I thought the Newmans had sold it to developers?

Are they planning a new venture somewhere then?

I thought the Newmans had sold it to developers?

Are they planning a new venture somewhere then?

That's why I was asking. Buckley said clubs in plural so I thought he might have been talking about turnmills as well.

didnt think much of East Village.

sound system was ****e for a start.

Really!! I'm a massive fan of East Village. Loving it that they get big names to play there, much more intimate and I think the system downstairs is great.

Really!! I'm a massive fan of East Village. Loving it that they get big names to play there, much more intimate and I think the system downstairs is great.

i just thought it lacked a bit of ooomph. must be going deaf in my old age :lol:

(please say it's true!)

The bloke who is set to ruin the end appears in this thread:

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=49106

Back