London Calling..... Never Mind The Bollocks! @ PRIVILEGE (august 2nd)

august 2nd

LONDON CALLING (never mind the bollocks)

ORBITAL LIVE
DARREN EMERSON
DANNY HOWELL

and in the side rooms all the best london warehouse promoters ! !

more info soon.....

source: privilege

doors open 10pm / show starts 11pm

advance tickets 45€ / on the door 65€

in the side rooms all the best london warehouse promoters ! !
coco loco:
secretsundaze (james priestley+giles smith) vs mulletover (geddes)

la vaca:
blackrabbit (bones+guy williams+justin robertson)

source: djmag

6040_104579687540_104522762540_2577551_3740849_n.jpg

as you might know already, orbital are also tonight at bambuddha grove and tomorrow at cafe mambo ! !

Was this a big failure then?

I was shocked by how empty it was when I arrived. I came alone as all my friends wanted to go to Eden and had hoped I'd be able to blend in without awkwardness (something easily achieved at Cocoon the following week), but this isn't possible when somewhere the size of Privilege is so empty. I began to resent all the people upstairs who could've been filling out the dancefloor as I was just standing around like a tit for an hour until Orbital came on and people finally grouped together down the front.

Had a great time from then on in, as did those around me from what I could tell. Felt like I had Orbital to myself (but in a massive venue :lol:) and they sounded fantastic. Just wondered if there was any talk of the poor turnout. Given MTV Dance's involvement I imagine it was supposed to be televised eventually but some selective camera angles would have had to be employed to hide the unused space.

... I'm amazed it went so badly -
any one got any inside track on why it was a disaster?
maybe because - besides some british lagerlouts - nobody has the slightest ****ing clue
who these dj-blokes on that flyer are :lol:

ps:
i think one-off-events @ ibiza in a big location don´t work.
(with the exception of parties like the dc10-afterparties some years ago in privilege).

most people know that on sundays ther is "welove", on mondays "cocoon",
guetta on thursdays etc ... but nothing else.
silly ideas f.e. like opening amnesia at 6pm just don´t work and won´t work,
because the majority of clubbers don´t know and/or don´t care !

maybe because - besides some british lagerlouts - nobody has the slightest ****ing clue
who these dj-blokes on that flyer are :lol:

ps:
i think one-off-events @ ibiza in a big location don´t work.
(with the exception of parties like the dc10-afterparties some years ago in privilege).

most people know that on sundays ther is "welove", on mondays "cocoon",
guetta on thursdays etc ... but nothing else.
silly ideas f.e. like opening amnesia at 6pm just don´t work and won´t work,
because the majority of clubbers don´t know and/or don´t care !

Yeah - I guess they got the crowd wrong. sorry evidently they did - all the orbital fans I know are veteran clubbers (apols to any younger fans out there, I don't know you) and are less likely to go a to ibiza & b to privelege.

big chill in the UK (a fest for the 30's, which is brill btw) is perfect for them.

and as you say say you need to get traction - as with any any brand - and calling it what they did seems to be a giant f uck up & would put a lot of people off.

If your spending up to 65 euros (is this true in which case they can f uck off) to see someone & you only have 7 days out there you want a guarantee.

i did think it would be a legendary night when i first heard - they should have just done a few choice gigs in space. now that could have been special.

why didn't it work??

lots of reasons.

1. orbital don't mean anything to the masses who buy tickets. tiesto, the brand cocoon, luciano, guetta......these artists mean something
2. the event was planned for the day after what was guaranteed to be an absolute roadblock (and was).......cream and radio 1's big event. add in that tiesto was the other bit of the sandwich and you have a poor looking sunday surrounded by a strong sat and mon (ticket sales potential wise)
3. most importantly though, and icey is 100% right......very astute sir!! much of the success of the club nights in ibiza is down to the hype that they carry from their weekly events. so everyone knows on monday you have cocoon and tiesto, wednesday subliminal, thursday cream, etc, etc, etc.............all the reps, receptionists, taxi drivers, people who work in bars. all these people who know actually not so much about whats going on, just perpetuate the big nights for that particular day.

look at cocoon.......they put a friday night party with a massive live act and get less than half the people their mondays bring.

look at cocoon.......they put a friday night party with a massive live act and get less than half the people their mondays bring.
exactly...;)
nobody knew about this cocoon special...most posters were posted 3-4 days prior to the event and no presale at all...

Back