Lluís Güell dies

posted on es paradis' FB:

Exposición - Homenaje a un artista de fuerza arrolladora, el polifacéitico creador Luís Güell. Dejó en Ibiza sus más conocidas obras, entre ellas, nuestra Es Paradis Terrenal , uno de los primeros *templos* de la música en Ibiza.
Hoy en día la discoteca más bonita de la isla.

11138607_10152805482503951_1746506228502986044_n.jpg

"...
The last work in Ibiza
Between 1996 and 1997 the artist spent several seasons in Ibiza and developed several projects, including a reworking of Café del Mar that never materialized because of differences with the owners. The only surviving work of those years is the small boutique Elena Almanzor, opposite the Teatro Pereira de Vila. "It was a beneficial presence in my life -rememora Almanzor.

A mystic and a great person who was very important to me. We had a deep friendship for four months and then disappeared. " Güell arrived at the shop on the recommendation of Alba Pau, a friend of the owner. "I was looking to do a front and a cheap decoration, because I had no money and he says Almanzor appeared. He sought a junkyard and brought waste materials, also wood, stone ... while leveraging parts blacksmiths were at this location. He did everything, including characters carved on the stones and brought other from Sant Rafel ensuring that peace would bring fortune and he was right: I've been very lucky with this shop. " The artist himself, interviewed by this newspaper in the boutique, claimed in 1997: "All these elements are loaded with our own magnetism and revive to be reused."
..."

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2015/04/16/legado-lluis-guell/761842.html

:rolleyes: does this boutique still exist today ??

Back