Liverpool V Barca

jez71

This is how it should be between clubs....

Nou_Camp_06_120x80.jpg
Liverpool supporters in possession of a valid match ticket for Wednesday's Champions League tie are being offered free entrance to the superb FC Barcelona Museum. Liverpudlians are being invited to visit the Nou Camp on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

Jordi Penas i Babot, Director of the FCB Museum, says: "FC Barcelona extends a warm welcome to the supporters of Liverpool Football Club. Please show your match ticket at the ticket office for a free visit to the FCB Museum."

And, in what is a special joint promotion between the two club's, Liverpool are reciprocating the offer to visiting Barcelona fans when they travel to Anfield for the return leg in a fortnight's time.

Really good to see particularly after the sour taste left by the bad feeling caused by a certain manager after their last meeting with an English club!

Can't wait for the game, would of loved to of gone to the nou camp! I went to the group game in Bordeaux last year and the atmosphere before the game was brilliant!

Can't wait for the game, would of loved to of gone to the nou camp! I went to the group game in Bordeaux last year and the atmosphere before the game was brilliant!

I'm not going, I was there for Chelsea and Berder Bremmen but not going next wednesday :cry: (but I will for Barça- madrid)

was reading something on a LFC forum about everyone wanting a meet-up in barcelona a la taskim sq, istanbul. apparently this got done in 2001 at placa reial and all was going fine, friendly atmosphere and that until some nutbag let loose a live chicken he'd bought on las ramblas and then proceeded the most bizarre scenario as a load of scousers chased a chicken around one of the most elegant spots in barcelona.:eek::lol:

makes ya proud dunnit!:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

was reading something on a LFC forum about everyone wanting a meet-up in barcelona a la taskim sq, istanbul. apparently this got done in 2001 at placa reial and all was going fine, friendly atmosphere and that until some nutbag let loose a live chicken he'd bought on las ramblas and then proceeded the most bizarre scenario as a load of scousers chased a chicken around one of the most elegant spots in barcelona.:eek::lol:

I shouldn't laugh but.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor chicken :confused:
I would never call Plaça Reial elegant, the place itself is gorgeous, but Plaça Reial is what it is thanks to the weirdos, musicians, tourists, backpackers and all the randoms that hang around there day and night ;)

He really is a tw@t of the biggest proportions isn't he :spank:

Absolutely detest the little fecker.:x

I've never celebrated any of his goals, despite being a lifelong Liverpool supporter.

He embodies all that is bad in the game and never was any player more deserving of a career ending injury...

Harsh? I think not....

was reading something on a LFC forum about everyone wanting a meet-up in barcelona a la taskim sq, istanbul.
Ah, I saw that... I wondered if it was pre-arranged meet-up or if people congregated there because it's one of the better-known pubs in town.

We went back to that pub a couple hours later to watch the game and it was wrecked! Ended up at another place around the corner.

Ah, I saw that... I wondered if it was pre-arranged meet-up or if people congregated there because it's one of the better-known pubs in town.

We went back to that pub a couple hours later to watch the game and it was wrecked! Ended up at another place around the corner.

think it was more likely a natural gathering as i don't think most LFC fans would have been to istanbul before so a pre-arranged thing would be unlikely, well in such large numbers anyway.

think it was more likely a natural gathering as i don't think most LFC fans would have been to istanbul before so a pre-arranged thing would be unlikely, well in such large numbers anyway.
That makes sense. It was in one of the more touristy areas (a couple blocks down from Taksim along the pedestrian street) and the British-style pub, the name of which escapes me, was well advertised on the Internet as I'd seen it when researching where we could go to watch the final.

Looked like folks were having a really good time. Lots of singing and more or less orderly. The owners had obviously been ready for it as they had plenty of plastic cups, trash bags, and an outdoor area set up for overflow guests.

Great result. I'm really pleased for Liverpool. The atmosphere at Anfield for the second leg will be something else.

what a game:!:

what was rikkard thinking though?

He completely lost the plot. Shockng decisions. How can he take off all of our midfielders and put on strikers so early on? We were playing a 4-2-4 for the last 30 mins.

Ronnie had the worst game ever, how many balls did he give away.. plus our goalkeeper had a shocker.

The result was well deserved. Well done to Liverpool. Oh well, lets hope the Barca from last year turns up at Anfield, thats the only way we can turn this round.

Last edited by a moderator:
well well who would've predicted a result like that eh, looks like the Catalans were too cocky and paid the price, im no fan of Liverpool but credit where credits due they done the business last nite and there can be no denying that Bellamy is a class striker, even when he was with us on loan he never played a bad game.

Ii'd be surprised now if Barcelona went through, i think Liverpool might hold out @ Anfield.

My bet to win it at this stage is Valencia, i think they have a fantastic team, they played very well to draw 2-2 with Inter last nite, as for Chelski well they should beat porto at home, they done ok last nikte to get the draw, personally i hate Porto over their cheating in the UEFA Cup Final in 2003 against us and especially that Deco cu*t who plays for Barca now, Lyon as well could be an outside bet, they've played some really good football this season.;)

Back