Lisbon

fhmsparkle

I’m off to Lisbon for a couple of days next week to escape and was wondering if anyone on here had any recommendations of places I should visit, places to eat etc.. I’ve not been there before (or anywhere in Portugal) and heard good things so thought I’d give it a go! Thanks :)

Don't buy anything off the streets...you will be offered fondue and smoke everywhere you go.. taxi guys are best if you are looking..
Ps I know a good bar..?

Last edited:
it feels a bit intense to start off with when you hit the narrow streets but the dealers were alright. not too pushy

a lot of the fun is in just stumbling across little bars, i think we went to one called Groove (?) which was pretty decent + no smoking ban (in 2017)

Lisbon is awesome, but it's a long time since I've been and I can't give any specific tips (bar eat lots of custard tarts). It's a wee bit more worn than some polished Spanish cities, but I mean that in a good way. I'll definitely go back someday. Enjoy!

Well now I'm back here's a few of my thoughts on the city for those of you who want to know :)

In all honesty I loved it - I'd go again in a heartbeat! The weather was just perfect for exploring, not too hot or too cold, and there was an occasional breeze which did take the edge off the heat when it got a bit too warm. I did so much in 48 hours but my highlights were definitely visiting Belém and the Time Out food market (I could sit there and eat all day long!). I found a really quirky little bar called "Alface Hall" which was pretty cool with its retro and vintage theme. Pink Street is where all the bars are at although I wasn't really there for a drinking holiday so didn't spend any time there.

If you're interested in finding out a bit more about the history of Lisbon then the "Lisbon story" which is off the Terreiro do Paço (another pretty place to see) and is worth a visit. I found the prices incredibly reasonable to eat and drink - but there again I'm a bit too used to Ibiza prices I guess!

Hope this helps anyone visiting soon!

Back