Links to more info about Mike/Claire/Privelege

Ibiza-girlie

Anyone know where to read more about them, how they got started, ect...? I need to know everything!

Apparently Mike worked for Manumission in UK (????) and Claire was a flyer-girlie and then they hooked up....read it somewhere.

Tell me more....... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Links to more info about Mike/Calire/Privelege

Ibiza-girlie said:
Anyone know where to read more about them, how they got started, ect...?

Apparently Mike worked for Manumission in UK (????) and Claire was a flyer-girlie and then they hooked up....read it somewhere.

Tell me more....... :D

Mike and Andy Manumission used to promote parties in Manchester and they went out to Ibiza one year and started up Manumission and Clare did work for them (she was their best flyer girl and that's how she got to know Mike) and the rest they say is history.

Ibiza-girlie said:
yeah thats pretty much what I know, also....but I´d like to know more ;)

There's very little about them, there's a bit about them in a clubbing book that I've got (I'll look for it tonight for you) but they've always kept themselves to themselves really so you won't find much about them in books or on the net.

they run and owned a club in manchester, they got in trouble. some gangs burn't the club down with them inside it. But obviosuly they escaped, and went to ibiza for a holiday.

they liked it, and unfourtunately stayed and set up their night.

set up various other dodgy establishment, i.e the ex brother manu hotel, and bar m etc..

now they are mega rich, have a kid, and have their own place in the hils in the north of the island.

the end.

Ibiza-girlie said:
Tell me more.......

Manumit means a freedom from slavery and that is your Manumission – check your inhibitions at the door of Privilege and expect tales of the unexpected. From its origins in a dingy 400 capacity nightclub in Manchester, Manumission has transformed into the biggest clubbing spectacle on the planet, turning Mondays at Manumission into a mental institution. Happy Mondays indeed!

Manumission was started in 1994 after brothers Mike and Andy arrived on the island fresh from promoting Manumission nights in Manchester. Over the years the club moved first from Es Paradis, to Pacha and finally Privilege. And each year things got bigger, better and madder, until the club and its promoters came to embody the very essence of Ibizan debauchery. After Mike became involved with Manumission flyer girl Claire, the two promoters hatched plots revolving around outrageous themes for their club and an even more outrageous sex show. Things reached a pitch in 1998 when media coverage of Ibiza went ballistic, and tales of excesses at the Manumission hotel, (many later captured on celluloid in a banned movie), made Mike and Claire household names. The club has since continued evolving in line with their wild imaginations and has also benefitted from the addition of a Trade room. More recently Mike and Claire have toned it down a bit, kissing goodbye to the hotel in 2000 and saying hello to their baby Stanley. Things haven't got too serious though, and there is always that tongue in cheek element - this is the only club in Ibiza to have DJs playing in the loos

Mike originally wanted to go to Morocco and put on parties there. He only decided on Ibiza after finding out that flights there were cheaper

Barbie said:

aged 3 :!:

Barbie said:
and I can't remember what the other one's called, anyone remember??

tallulah, 1 year old :!:

ile_interview_04.jpg

McRackin said:
Ibiza-girlie said:
Tell me more.......

Manumit means a freedom from slavery and that is your Manumission – check your inhibitions at the door of Privilege and expect tales of the unexpected. From its origins in a dingy 400 capacity nightclub in Manchester, Manumission has transformed into the biggest clubbing spectacle on the planet, turning Mondays at Manumission into a mental institution. Happy Mondays indeed!

Manumission was started in 1994 after brothers Mike and Andy arrived on the island fresh from promoting Manumission nights in Manchester. Over the years the club moved first from Es Paradis, to Pacha and finally Privilege. And each year things got bigger, better and madder, until the club and its promoters came to embody the very essence of Ibizan debauchery. After Mike became involved with Manumission flyer girl Claire, the two promoters hatched plots revolving around outrageous themes for their club and an even more outrageous sex show. Things reached a pitch in 1998 when media coverage of Ibiza went ballistic, and tales of excesses at the Manumission hotel, (many later captured on celluloid in a banned movie), made Mike and Claire household names. The club has since continued evolving in line with their wild imaginations and has also benefitted from the addition of a Trade room. More recently Mike and Claire have toned it down a bit, kissing goodbye to the hotel in 2000 and saying hello to their baby Stanley. Things haven't got too serious though, and there is always that tongue in cheek element - this is the only club in Ibiza to have DJs playing in the loos

Mike originally wanted to go to Morocco and put on parties there. He only decided on Ibiza after finding out that flights there were cheaper

Barbie said:

aged 3 :!:

Barbie said:
and I can't remember what the other one's called, anyone remember??

tallulah, 1 year old :!:

ile_interview_04.jpg

Aparently Claire is expecting their 3rd child :!: This was announced on the huge plasma screen at Privilege in September.

Banned movie?

Banned movie from Manumision Motel?! Interesting! Does someone know where can I get a copy? :eek:

Ciao

I probably wouldnt, I just think its great as well as fascinating that these peeps have managed to do so well, have such an interesting lifestyle - thats all!

Back