10pm - 5am

Evening Entertainers: Vicky Devine
AJ Gibson
Marc Leaf
Robin Chappell
Arran Lee
Danny Nicolaou b2b DJ Alkatraz

HousePartyFlyerFront.jpg

Brand new event ‘House Party’ launches at Leeds venue ‘Myhouse’ this April. Vicky Devine joins original ‘Godskitchen’ resident AJ Gibson and Leeds’ own Marc Leaf on the bill for the first party on Friday 18th April. This promises to be a welcome addition to the Friday night club scene in Leeds with a policy to play a wide variety of dance music that is accessible to all.

Headliner Vicky Devine’s track Silver Whisperer got some serious attention last year with plays on Radio 1 and the trance mistress is a regular fixture at Judge Jules’ huge 'Judgement Sundays’ events in Ibiza. However, she is also known to be a diverse DJ and this is one of the reasons promoter Arran Lee wanted her on board. ‘It’s hard but I’m trying to avoid the night being pigeon-holed to one genre of dance music,’ says Arran. ‘I want the emphasis to be on the flow and progression of the music over the course of the night rather than on one particular music genre.’

vicky-1-1.jpg

AJ Gibson is one of Arran’s favourite DJ’s who also played a part in bringing ‘House Party’, which started off with some successful nights run in bars, to the excellent ‘My House’ venue. Also with a reputation for variety, he was a natural choice to play for the launch event. Andrew ‘AJ’ Gibson was one of the original ‘Godskitchen’ residents when it really took off in the Midlands and has stayed with it as it has gone on to become one of the worlds leading dance brands. He has a long list of other heavyweight names on his CV including ‘Gatecrasher’, ‘Passion’ and ‘Slinky’ to mention a few and now DJ’s all over the globe. However, AJ prides himself on ‘playing the right tunes for the people right in front of him’, always giving each crowd the attention they deserve – an attitude perfect for ‘House Party.’

Bringing the local weight to 'House Party' is DJ Marc Leaf. No stranger to the Leeds club scene, 'Leafy' has been a popular fixture at many of the city's nights over the last 17 years and is currently resident at Rob Tissera's massive ‘Kiss Da Funk’ night. Marc will be aptly aided by Toolroom Records resident / tour manager and Ibiza regular Robin Chappell as well as up and comers Danny Nicolaou and DJ Alkatraz and the night’s promoter and resident Arran Lee.

All in all, ‘House Party’ looks set to be a refreshing experience. With its aim of being not too mainstream but not too underground and with the vibe of a house party – it may plug a gap on the Leeds scene for those who don’t want to be pigeon holed or take themselves too seriously!

Tickets: £8 in advance:
http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=xxx&query=schedule&promoter=arran
£10 B4 12am and £12 after.
http://www.myspace.com/housepartyleeds
Email: housepartyleeds@live.co.uk

HousePartyFlyerBack.jpg

Set times for you:
22.00 – 23.00 – Danny Nicolaou b2b DJ Alkatraz
23.00 – 00.15 – Robin Chappell
00.15 – 01.30 – Marc Leaf
01.30 – 02.45 – AJ Gibson
02.45 – 04.00 – Vicky Devine