Leaving Time

samie_arthur

this is a similar question to my airport one, but what time do you leave when you fly?

my flights are on sunday at 2.55pm and wednesday at 6.45 am (im going away twice this year) the AA say that the aiport is 26 miles/ 40 minutes from me.
when would you leave?

i was thinking of 4am to get the 6.45am flight as we only need to book in an hour before and 12pm for the 2.55pm flight, for the same reason.
but now im worried that even if we get to the aiport in good time, say and hour, and the check in is busy we may still miss it?

thanks all x

this is a similar question to my airport one, but what time do you leave when you fly?

my flights are on sunday at 2.55pm and wednesday at 6.45 am (im going away twice this year) the AA say that the aiport is 26 miles/ 40 minutes from me.
when would you leave?

i was thinking of 4am to get the 6.45am flight as we only need to book in an hour before and 12pm for the 2.55pm flight, for the same reason.
but now im worried that even if we get to the aiport in good time, say and hour, and the check in is busy we may still miss it?

thanks all x

For me, whenever i fly i always like to be at the airport nice and early. Gives me enough time to chill, have something to eat / drink etc after check in.. Normally at the airport bang on for check in opening, sometimes earlier as you may be able to check in before the stated time.

Also traffic on the roads, you never know! But as your flight is at 6.45am, leaving at 4ish should be fine. Roads shouldnt be busy during the early hours so leaving at 4am sounds like a good idea!

Some bevvies in the Gatwick Weatherspoons are a yearly ritual for me n the mrs! Actually very nearly missed our flight this year as we'd been informed it was 2 hours late so we got on it at the pub then someone we were chatting to pointed out our flight was saying Last Call so keep an eye out!

we have just booked our parking and we are having it from 4am to Ibiza and 12pm to menorca but im worried that if we get there at 5am, like we probably will as we are leaving at 4. they might give our spot away even though we have paid?
cause my mum said might aswell pay to have it from 4 as if its a clear run we will be there by 4.40 so instead of waiting around we can go straight in, but now im worried they may give it away. but surely they allow an hour or so for traffic? especially if its been paid for! x

we have just booked our parking and we are having it from 4am to Ibiza and 12pm to menorca but im worried that if we get there at 5am, like we probably will as we are leaving at 4. they might give our spot away even though we have paid?
cause my mum said might aswell pay to have it from 4 as if its a clear run we will be there by 4.40 so instead of waiting around we can go straight in, but now im worried they may give it away. but surely they allow an hour or so for traffic? especially if its been paid for! x

****ing ell you worry too much

They wont give your space away you have paid for it. As a former resident of Essex it never took me more than 30 min to get to Stansted. Especially at that time in the morning.

Just leave as early as you can get a fry up and a beer in the airport. Job Done.

****ing ell you worry too much

mavis_riley_76_1.jpg

well this is with regards to going out there.

well i'm not sure what to say if this is the case,

Except, every year there are many, many thousands of people who manage to get to the airport on time for their flights using little more than common sense.

I suspect you are on a wind up.......

well i'm not sure what to say if this is the case,

Except, every year there are many, many thousands of people who manage to get to the airport on time for their flights using little more than common sense.

I suspect you are on a wind up.......

no, i have just been brought up to plan.

thanks for the people that did use helpful comments but i have gone through it with my mum and have booked the parking for extra hours each side and we are going to leave a bit early, i asked how many hours everyone else left because i hate being at the airport early as i get bored.

this is only my 3rd time flying without my parents, and im still a bit causious

Back