LCD SOUNDSYSTEM | IBIZA ROCKS | 06/07/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
As expected, huge turnout for the highly anticipated return of the amazing LCD Soundsystem at part 1 of Ibiza Rocks' 11th birthday celebrations...

No opening band this time as James Murphy and co were doing the full festival set of 110 minutes, just Patrick Nazemi and this week also Martin Doorly on the decks. Both did great sets the night before at Sankeys for Applebum too.

P1290522+-+copia.JPG

Last time LCD Soundsystem played here in 2010 (their third visit after Manumission's 10th birthday party in 2004 and Ibiza Rocks in 2007) there was already rumours that This Is Happening, the album they were presenting at the time, could be the last one. Half a year later it was announced the group was disbanding. Ever since their hotly anticipated comeback was confirmed I immediately toyed with the idea of seeing them live again... thankfully the good people of Ibiza Rocks made it possible.

The American dance-punk band is only playing a handful of live shows this summer, almost exclusively headlining high profile festivals such as Coachella, Primavera Sound and Glastonbury, so to have the chance to see again one of the biggest names of the 00s play in the intimate surroundings of Ibiza Rocks Hotel was extra special. With all the equipment they had going, the stage actually looked tiny from the upstairs balcony. Although they're working on their fourth album, no new material was played and the show was based around their influential three studio albums. That means classics such as "Daft Punk Is Playing At My House", "Tribulations", "Movement", "Losing My Edge", "Dance Yrself Clean", "All My Friends" and more during almost two hours of frenzy.

We were buzzing at the prospect of seeing them back in action and they didn't disappoint one bit, delivering an outstanding gig from start to finish... utterly brilliant, boooooom!

P1290593+-+copia.JPG

The fun continued at Pikes as usual, where the band has been staying since the beginning of the week...

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

the band brought the exuberance straight from Glastonbury. At that moment, there was no difference between being stood in a field at the worldwide known festival, or in the humidity of Ibiza’s hot night air, except Seth Troxler was in the crowd revelling in every moment instead of playing one of the tents at Worthy Farm
Read Ruby Munslow's review here.

LCD Soundsystem setlist:
Us v Them
Daft Punk Is Playing At My House
I Can Change
Get Innocuous!
You Wanted A Hit
Tribulations
Movement
Yeah
Someone Great
Losing My Edge