Lazy days at the balearic beaches...

B

benza

For many a trip down to the beach isnt possible, either due to the simple fact that people cant wake up in time to check out the sunshine, or the fact that beaches and ibiza for many arent associated together (you cant count the beach on San Antonio strip as a beach).
I can assure anyone however that one taste of the smooth sounds of Salinas, beach life becomes a necessary part of any day on ibiza. I first experienced Salinas on my first visit to the island 3 years ago, and since then has become my favorite place on the island when the sun is out. In particular the bar at the end of the beach, Sa Trinxa. Chilled beats, mixed by beach legend Jon Sa Trincha are not to be missed. Combine these beats with the most beautiful people i have seen on the island, it makes an addictive formula, which can definately give you a kick start in the early afternoon to drop the top off the jeep and roll down to in my opinion the most fantastic place on the island when the sun is out.
Oh and before i forget, when people start to dance in the sand, join them, and try to stop smiling... i know i cant!

agree to you, but for me the best place is(was) bar particular in cala yondal,....unfortunately its closed now, but I think they will open soon again,...hope so...

Benza, Salina's (Sa Trincha Bar) is also my favourite place to go during the day. You can't beat the feeling. And then for a break from the sun, sitting under the veranda with a spliff and a fruit punch is just superb!

I'll be there in 3 weeks!

Cant say i ever experienced Cala Yondal... or the Blue Marlin, but if it deserves to be placed in the same category as Sa Trinxa... lets get the funds together guys and gals and open it up again....

Funkster, i am feelin u on the spliff... shame theres nothing decent out there... was lookin around there last week..... but then again its not really necessary... its Salinas... and try a Grande Shandy instead of the punch... Pure Brilliance!
(and by the way have fun out there.. no prisoners taken)!

vienna said:
blue marlin...but thats long time ago ;)

yes vienna,
but it will never be forgotten :D :D

These are for me still the most memorable nights on the island...

grtz,
l

Re: question

jase goacher said:
can i ask were Salinas is please? :oops: :oops: :oops:

right down on the southern most tip of the island, next to the airport.

take the main road from ibiza town to the airport and turn off left at the last roundabout by the 'Hipodromo' (race track)

the salinas are the salt fields which date back over 2000 years and have been a constant source of income (producing salt through evaporation) throughout this time.

las salinas beach is on the far side of the salt fields and has 4 very cool beach bars. on the other side of the headland is es cavallet beach, one of the only official nudist beaches

see las salinas beach

top fact: today most of salt is shipped to norway where it is use to pack fish. the lower quality is shipped to scotland to put on the roads in winter... well i never

vienna said:
agree to you, but for me the best place is(was) bar particular in cala yondal,....unfortunately its closed now, but I think they will open soon again,...hope so...

please, tell me it's not true! I was longing to go back to bar particular (I'll be on the island in September)... Loved the place, the music, the atmosphere, the people... Less crowded than Sa Trincha... more confidential... pure bliss....

:( :( :(

Re: question

james said:
the salinas are the salt fields which date back over 2000 years and have been a constant source of income (producing salt through evaporation) throughout this time

:arrow: take a look!!

IBZ0078.jpg

benza said:
In particular the bar at the end of the beach, Sa Trinxa. Chilled beats, mixed by beach legend Jon Sa Trincha are not to be missed. Combine these beats with the most beautiful people i have seen on the island, it makes an addictive formula, which can definately give you a kick start in the early afternoon to drop the top off the jeep and roll down to in my opinion the most fantastic place on the island when the sun is out. Oh and before i forget, when people start to dance in the sand, join them, and try to stop smiling... i know i cant!

nice review!! ;)

sa.jpg

Back