Last week in Ibiza....

mrkawasaki

Bora Bora - just the best single experience to sum up Ibiza. Essential - can't believe I hadn't bothered before (a bit snooty about Playa d'en Bossa I guess). When the planes go over at night - it's hysterical! Gee seems an unpretentious music fan that just loves to see everyone having a good time.

Pure Pacha - as always, Pacha is an eye-opening venue that, despite the costs, makes you feel shortchanged elsewhere. However Mr Tong, nice guy I don't doubt (a good card to have when playing DJ Top Trumps ;) ), doesn't convince as a club DJ. He seems somehow too tense to be a live entertainer, the mixes are overwrought and intros/outros overlong (some good ideas not executed with conviction) and the general flow and pace hard to believe in from the floor. All in all we didn't get carried away, although we really wanted to. Is it me, or does the sound level at Pacha seem quieter these days??

We Love@Space - impressive. Lives up to the hype about the vibe. Despite warnings from this site about Morillo and his ego/addiction to loops - he worked real hard, had good ideas, played the crowd - a natural. Last tune for the record - Lenny Kravitz 'Fly Away'. Too expensive though. As a general rule of thumb, the more merchandise the club brand has on offer, the more one suspects the moment is passing...

Allow me to correct you, but Erick's last tune was:

Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonn'a Go My Way".

"Id' like to play somthing. It's not house, It's not tance. Defenetly not trance. But I like it, and I hope that you too". (Erick Morillo, Sapce's terrace 17.8.2003).

Morrillo played the Lenny Kravitz tune at about 11.55

He rather naughtily played on until 12.15

He played Double 99 - R.I.P. Groove and the first half of Aztec Mystic - Knights of the Jaguar (which Darren Hughes made him stop before the strings came in!).

Also liked it when Morrillo dropped the original Rolling Stones - Satisfaction (although he shouldn't have bothered with the Benny Benassi version IMO).

and that Wally Lopez remix of David Guetta - Just A Little More Love absolutely rocked the Terrace!

Back